Stupid Question | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Stupid Question Stupid Question

Unread 02-26-2002, 02:55 PM
Stupid Question

I know this is going to sound stupid, but I would really like some answers if possible.

I am having a LAVH on the 18th of March and I was wondering about sex after wards. (NOT ANYTIME SOON!!) But basically what I can expect when I am able to. Will it be different and if so how? Good or Bad?

Sex now is EXTERMELY painfull. Any advice or information is greatly appreciated!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2002, 03:33 PM
After the hyster

Hi there lovebug

Your question is not silly. We all have that question about sex i think.

I am almost 10 weeks postop and sex is very good. No more pain due to my inflamed cervix. Orgasms are just as good as before. Maybe slightly different but very good I have no lubrication issues either.

You did not mention if your keeping your ovaries or not? I have both of mine. I think if you tell us if your keeping them or not you can get better answers from women that do still have them Vs women on hrt.

Take your time post op and let yourself heal. Sex is emotional as well as physical "way more so for women" I truly feel if you have a good mental baring on this, you will do great post hyster

Take care and be well
Unread 02-26-2002, 04:23 PM
Thank you

I am keeping my ovaries as long as they are okay. If the Dr. gets in there and there is something wrong with them he'll take them.

Thanks for the info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2002, 07:14 PM
Stupid Question

Cindy,

You can use the search button on the top of the page to find more posts about sex after hyst. There are LOTS of them. I found it's much better now.
Unread 02-26-2002, 07:28 PM
Stupid Question

I had a LAVH and am having no problems in the sex department. Most of the time it's even better. I did keep both ovaries. Just listen to your doctor and do not put anything into the vagina until s/he gives the ok or you could damage the vaginal cuff (where the top of the vagina is sewn together where the cervix is removed).

Remember, there are no silly questions. This was a concern of mine too when I was a LIW and I've gathered that it is also one of many others too.
Unread 02-27-2002, 12:18 AM
Stupid Question

Hi Love bug,

I think the sex question is a very important issue for almost all of us. It is perfectly natural for us to worry about how it will be "afterwards". Personally for me it is better. I have no pain or bleeding to stop me anymore.

I told my husband before surgery that if the hysterectomy was going to change my ability to enjoy sex I wasn't sure if I could go through with it. He asked me if I was crazy because of the constant heavy bleeding I was sitting in the emergency room at the time I said this to him, weak with anemia. He told me that no matter what that my health and my life was much more important than anything else in the world to him. I think I really needed him to say that to me at that moment. Of course, he was right, but at that moment all I could think of was that I had lost control of my life and my body.
Good Luck with your surgery.....

Shelle

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register