Help Lavh Coming Soon! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help Lavh Coming Soon! Help Lavh Coming Soon!

Unread 02-26-2002, 06:23 PM
Help Lavh Coming Soon!

I'M SO GLAD I CAME ACROSS THIS WEB SITE, ITS GREAT! I'M GOING IN FOR A LAVH AT THE END OF MARCH. I'VE DEALT WITH ENDO FOR 17 YEARS AND LIVED THROUGH 9 SURGERIES. AND BY SOME GIFT FROM GOD WAS ABLE TO GIVE BIRTH TO A SON. THE LAST TIME I HAD SURGERY MY RIGHT OVARY AND TUBE WERE TAKEN OUT (LAPRASCOPE). I WAS IN VERY LITTLE TO NO PAIN AFTER SURGERY. MY DOCTOR TELLS ME THAT THE LAVD WILL BE NO WORSE THAN WHAT I HAVE ALREADY GONE THROUGH, THIS IS HARD FOR ME TO BELEIVE. HAS ANYONE OUT THERE EVER HAD YOUR TUBE(S) AND OVARIES OUT ONLY, THEN YEARS LATER HAD A TOTAL HYST THAT CAN GIVE ME SOME IN PUT.
MUCH APPRECIATED
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2002, 06:36 PM
Help Lavh Coming Soon!

Johnny,

You might want to post over on the Post Op forum with this question. Most of the ladies over there have already had their hysts, but there may be some who had ovaries removed first, then their hyst.

Believe me, you are not the only person to be in this situation. Someone will be along who can share their experiences with you!

Beth
Unread 02-26-2002, 06:58 PM
Help Lavh Coming Soon!

Hi Johnny!

I did not have this experience, but I did want to let you know that recovery time can range anywhere between 5 and 8 weeks; I'm not sure how long your initial recovery was with ovaries and tubes.

Both are major surgeries and some of the recovery depends on how well we take care of ourselves afterwards. The sooner we try to push into activity before our healing body is ready, the longer it takes to heal.

Both are abdominal surgeries, and both involve cutting inside and removing organs. Both require you to take it pretty easy those first weeks of recovery.

I wish you the best as you make this journey; please know that we are here for you the whole way!

((((((HUGS)))))))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2002, 10:52 AM
Not to scare you...

But I'm an endo survivor as well (Those people on the TV show have it easy compared to us!) and I had my left ovary removed three years prior to my TAH/RSO. The pain is not comparable in any way. The pain from the hysterectomy was much worse. Granted, mine was abdominal, but there's a lot of stitching going on in this surgery and it's much more invasive.
Unread 03-03-2002, 01:04 PM
Help Lavh Coming Soon!

BETH,
THANKS I WENT TO POST OP AND GOT ALOT OF ANSWERS, I'M NEW TO THIS SITE AND JUST LEARNING AS I GO ALONG, EVERYONE IS WONDERFUL AND I APPRECIATE ALL THE HELP I CAN GET RIGHT NOW. THANKS
JOHNNY
Unread 03-03-2002, 01:24 PM
right there with you

Johnny,

I'm scheduled to have my LAVH on 3-7-02, and I am having to deal with so many mixed emotions right now. At 22, I had laproscope to drain cysts on my ovaries and they found endometriosis everywhere. Now I only 31, but have dealt with such excruciating pain for the last eighteen months, that I can only look forward to Thursday as the beginning of the end.

The pain we have to deal with today is going to be gone, and the only way to look at the future is with the optimism that once we come through the surgery, we begin to heal more each day, rather than stay on this road of not living life to its fullest.

Be positive!!!!
candip

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register