I Want to Cry.... 11 Days to Go | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I Want to Cry.... 11 Days to Go I Want to Cry.... 11 Days to Go

Unread 02-26-2002, 11:02 PM
I Want to Cry.... 11 Days to Go

I just needed to vent. I am only 11 days away and in an upheaval. I find it hard to sleep because my mind keeps thinking of all the things i need to do.. This week has been a disaster. I first find out on Monday that my leave will be unpaid as I have already had FMLA/Disability pay for 12 weeks and it has not been a full year yet. Then I finally get insurance headaches taken care of and see a uro on Monday for evaluation for the sling procedure. Of course I am a candidate for it and the surgeon agree's he will do the surgery along with my gyn on March 7th. Cool. I'm set. Only the next day to get a call from the uro's billing dept that they don't take my hmo. WHAT? I have a referal, the insurance co said nothing about him being out of network. In fact he comes up IN network. So the girl informs me that the costs would be out of my pocket. WHAT?? More calls to the insurance, they assured me that this was infact covered, had already been approved for payment and scheduling, and their must be confusion on their end. Another call to this useless idiot with the help of my h/r dept. The girl did not read my paperwork correctly, she still insisted they didn't take the HMO, but only took the PPO. We told her she needed to call back the insurance, we gave her ALL the approval numbers etc. She then said well since my gyn referred me, and he is in their network affiliation, she didnt thing there would be a problem, but still needed to call. FINE! She finally calls me back, and says she didn't get to talk to the contract people, but did verify the approvals and said she was going to go ahead and submit, but still wasnt 100 % sure it was ok EVEN THOUGH THE INSURANCE SAID YES! I really wanted to say to the woman, are you stupid? The last thing I want to deal with 11 days before surgery is someone who is NOT SURE!!! So more no sleeping. Hubby is having anxiety attacks and is moody, so I find myself not wanting to "share" so I feel very sad and lonely. Thank god for the women in chat. Sorry this is so long, I just needed to vent. Thanks for listening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2002, 11:49 PM

Know how you feel . I have a ppo and my hyster is the 12th of march at 11am. I had to find another GYN on the program that took the ppo which the one I use to have didn''t. Well tht took 2 months for the apointment to this GYN who turned out to be better than the old one that I had since I was 18 and I am now 48. I am trying to get the things I need in order to and with this weather ,,cold we are having in the st.Louis area I am suppose to stay out of places that I could catch a cold and than the DH has to go to work every day I still have a chance to get one. GYN has me on an antibotic now till surgery. Sometimes things are a pain. I have ambien to take if I can't sleep. Wishing you the best.
Unread 02-27-2002, 02:30 AM

Hi SusieQM,
Sorry you are going thru so much. I know what you mean with the insurance. It's the last thing you want to deal with. My DH company changed ins. coverage this year & it is all so confusing. DR is sending it to the wrong place, we are receiving all kinds of bills saying we are not covered. I call the Dr & tell them they are submitting them wrong & they are in effect telling me to mind my own business. I feel like sending them all the clains & then let them deal with it. Just hang in there, only a week to go. We are surgery sisters! I'm getting a little anxious & just wish it was here already. My DS just came down with a bad sore throat yesterday. I'm praying I don't get it! Will find out if it is strep today. All this waiting is making things that I would normally take in stride a basket case!LOL WEll, again, hang in there, things will take care of themselves & it will be here before you know it.
Barb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2002, 05:50 AM
11 days to go

I havnt had the insurance problems you have nor not being able to sleep. I cant stop sleeping. I wrote everthing down I needed to do before surgery and check it off day by day. Which has helped when I lay down to go to sleep I dont have to keep going over everything in my mind. I go through spell of crying but a wise lady (RobinS) told me it was a way of relieving stress. I have gotten the most support from this site hang in there, I'll be thinking about you our surgerys are the same date. Mines at 12 noon. Hugs & prayers to you.
Unread 02-27-2002, 03:05 PM

Well I did hear fron the hospital today ad the insurance is approved. YEAH I go for the blood work at 7:30 on March the 5th. he surgery nurse said it will be as much pain as the gallbladder I had. Well at least that is something to go by. I have my hospital bag ready and I have my little pillow in it to. Don't want to forget that. I also called GYN and reminded him that I did want a binder.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register