Don't come near me!!! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Don't come near me!!! Don't come near me!!!

Unread 02-27-2002, 02:58 AM
Don't come near me!!!

I can't believe this is happening now. I am a week away & things are slowly deteriorating at my house. DS came down with a bad sore throat Sun. night. I took him to the DR yesterday & they did a strep test. She was sure it was strep because it looked so horrible. Well, the rapid test came up with a neg. So she is doing the overnight thing & call us this morning. I feel so bad for him because he is really hurting & has been up & down during the night. I can't sleep anyway, but being awakened when I do close my eyes is lots of fun. LOL. I want to just sit & cuddle him, but I am terrfied I will get it. I had both kids washing their hands before we left the Dr. & telling them not to even touch the door going out! It was wall to wall sick kids there yesterday. DH had the flu 2 weeks ago & I made it thru that, I thought I would be safe! I'll be a basket case before next Thurs. My stomach is in knots & can't tell the regular cramps from the gas pains anymore! LOL. Oh well, the clock is ticking! Thanks for letting me vent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2002, 04:23 AM
Don't come near me!!!

I know how you feel. I was trying to avoid every situation that might have a sick person at it. It seemed everywhere I went someone was sneezing or coughing or complaining that they felt terrible. I was so worried about catching something. If you start to feel unwell at all, give the doctor a call as early as possible. You might be able to take something that the doctor would prescribe for you and be able to get better faster. (I know as parents, we tend to let our illnesses go longer than we let the kids stuff go). Take care, and I'm sending you 's so you won't catch anything.
Unread 02-27-2002, 09:57 AM
Don't come near me!!!

Hi, have you talked with your DR about your having been exposed to strep so soon before your surgery? I had my niece staying with me the week prior to my surgery and after she left we found out she'd had strep. When I told my DR she did a slow test on me and without waiting for the results put me on antibiotics anyway....didn't want to take any chances on not being able to do the surgery. I'm sure DRs differ in their opinions on this but you might want to ask yours...
Good luck, stay healthy!

s,

- Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2002, 10:06 AM
Don't come near me!!!

Thanks for the advice guys. It looks like I lucked out in that DS does not have strep, just viral. Hopefully he'll be back at school tomorrow. Seems much better this afternoon. Just keeping my fingers & toes crossed now!!
bafb

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register