DH is coming home!!!!!!!! YES! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

DH is coming home!!!!!!!! YES! DH is coming home!!!!!!!! YES!

Unread 02-27-2002, 07:45 AM
DH is coming home!!!!!!!! YES!

I just had to post and let everyone know that I just talked to DH this morning, and he will be here the evening of the 6th!!! : YES!!!

I am tickled pink that his CO is letting him take emergency leave for this. I will rest so much easier knowing he is by my side.

I can't wait to see him! I feel like a school kid. He has been gone since September. We have done field time, but this is our first Korea tour. I don't see how some families do 2 or 3 of these.

Where I have to pick him up is pretty far away, so I have a real good excuse to get a hotel room that night.

It will be so nice to have some alone time with him before I have to share him with everyone else. One of my dear friends here at home is going to keep the kids for me and run them to school and back while I am gone.

Now I have something great to count down for to take my mind off the surgery. I can't wait to get a big hug from him and look into his wonderful blue eyes......*sigh*

He wants us to go out to a fine dinner that night. I have a feeling it will be room service. He is going to be exhausted from being on a plane for 28 hours. Maybe, once he is home, we can both get some rest.

Nakona
:usflag:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2002, 07:59 AM

I am SO happy for you! That is just the BEST news!!! Have a great time with him and let him spoil you! I am very glad that you will have someone there to take care of you!

Take care and HUGE s,

Athena
Unread 02-27-2002, 11:20 AM

I am thrilled for you! This is great news! And to have some private time before you get home is even better! I assume from your post that you are going to use that time wisely :brgin:
This will also help with the nerves, anticipating DH coming home is going to priority. Best of luck! Hope you have the energy to get to the castle on time!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2002, 11:53 AM

I know that feeling all too well! Enjoy your time alone, it is so rare when you have children. I'm excited for you!

JoAnn
Unread 02-27-2002, 12:57 PM

Yay, Nakona!! I'm so glad he's coming home before your surgery! What a relief!

I hope everything goes smoothly & your mom finds a way to give you the support you need from her too.

Melissa
Unread 02-27-2002, 01:03 PM

Thats great, I've been married 35 years and my dh has always been there for me, I'm glad you will have him with you, I'm sure it'll help your recovery
Unread 02-27-2002, 03:02 PM

Thank you all for your sweet, sweet thoughts.

It has been pretty hair raising waiting to hear if his CO was going to let him come in or not. Thank goodness he is. Those spouses out there know that a lot of times, it doesn't happen this way. You are lucky to have a CO that is family oriented.

I am going to be floating on Cloud 9 that first night. I just hope that I can let the surgery "slip" my mind for a while. I could sure use that tonight. It has really been a rough day. I can't seem to stop shaking today. I guess it is all catching up to me finally.

I promise I won't be long winded this post LOL

Thank you all so much for your support. I don't know what I would have done without this site and all you wonderful ladies.

Nakona
:usflag:
Unread 02-27-2002, 05:52 PM

Hi Nakona,

I'm very glad that your husband's CO is letting him come home. My son was in the Army for 12 years and I know that there are some CO's who just don't care about the families.

I hope you can get some rest tonight and that tomorrow will be an even better day. Just one week till he'll be home!!

's

Karen
Unread 02-27-2002, 05:59 PM

YIPPPEEEE!

I am SO relieved that this will all work out for you! This is really great news!!!

I KNOW you don't need us to tell you to enjoy your time together....but I'm gonna do it anyway!

YAY!!!

Karen
Unread 02-27-2002, 07:39 PM

HOORAY!!!! Being Ex navy myself, I know what it is like to be away from family and try to go thru a procedure w/out them (NOT FUN!!! ) Had a laparoscopy & coloposcopy while stationed 3000 miles from home..... Good CO's are hard to find....
best wishes to the two of you.......and enjoy your alone time w/ DH

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register