Silly Questions | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Silly Questions Silly Questions

Unread 02-27-2002, 11:41 AM
Silly Questions

Thanks to everyone who responded to my last questions.
I have one more week of waiting and I've got a few trivial questions.
First, I've been reading about swollen, sore bellies after surgery and wondered if that is just for TAH or also for TVH. If I am having a TVH and bladder repair, will I need sweats or something stretchy for a while?
Second, Victoria Secret has their flannel pajamas on clearance. I was planning to get some to wear in the hospital, but then I wondered if most hospitals prefer you to be in a hospital gown during your stay.

Thanks, it's nice to have somewhere to go with questions,
Mustang
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2002, 12:40 PM
Silly Questions

Hi Mustang

I had a TAH, so I definetly had the swelly belly.

As far as P.J's go, you might find it difficult to wear pajamas with a catheter. I would think a gown would be more comfortable. I took a nice gown with me to the castle, but never put it on. I just wore the hospital "beauty" the whole time.

Hope this helps
Unread 02-27-2002, 12:46 PM
Silly Questions

I just wore the hospital gowns too, the pajamas should good for when you come home though, make sure they are not too warm. Nice new jammies will make you feel better while you don't feel like get dressed because you'll still look nice but be comfy, it always makes you feel better if you have nice new clothes to lounge in, you might want some light weight sweats too. Loose
waist!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2002, 12:46 PM
Silly Questions

I've had both a C-section and abdominal surgery and had swelling both times. I am having a TAH/BSO so I expect the same. With both the C-section and Ab-surgery I had a catheter for the first 2 days, on the 3rd day I showered and put on my sexy Victoria Secret PJs. My body felt like crap but at least I looked good. LOL

I plan to do the same this time.

JoAnn
Unread 02-27-2002, 12:53 PM
Silly Questions

I probaby would have wore PJ's after my catheter came out if I had brought them, why don't you bring them, then if you want them you'll have them and you won't have to worry about your butt showing!
Unread 02-27-2002, 02:20 PM
Silly Questions

I enjoyed my pjs in the hospital after the catheter came out.

All of us who have a hyst get a swelly belly. They do alot on the inside no matter what the approach.
Unread 02-27-2002, 02:29 PM
Swelly Belly

I have a five month pregnancy swelly belly..I had TVH a 8 days ago..HAD to go to bank today with hubby and thought gee maybe I"ll try to put on a pair of my jeans...HA..that was a joke..and then got depressed cuz will i ever wear my jeans again? It looks like I am five months preggo..but it doesn't hurt..just swollen...Are you having a TVH? I had such an easy time of it..the worst part of the entire surgery is the hemorrhoids I am suffering with now but my dr told me what to do and they are not bad now and going away..thank goodness..The waiting is the hardest part of it all..I felt great afterwards and went home the next afternoon czu I wanted to go home..YOu'll do fine..Good luck and see you on the other side with your crown
Unread 02-27-2002, 02:37 PM
Silly Questions

I took pretty pj's with me to the hospital and put them on the next morning after my cath was removed. It made me feel better wearing them instead of the faded open-backed blah hospital gowns. Not to mention not having to worry about someone seeing my backside when I got out of bed when company was there.

The first couple of times I wore regular pants on my first ventures out of the house, I couldn't wait to get home to put my pj's back on. So, go ahead and get those new jammies!!!
Unread 02-27-2002, 08:56 PM
Silly Questions

Go for those new jammies!!! I wore the hospital attire until day 3, and really did not care one way or the other at that time..... but it has been nice since then to have great pj's to snuggle into.

I had a TAH, and my doc explained that my abdominal muscles were not actually cut, just spread apart, and that the swelling is from the work done inside.

Best wishes to you!
Janet
Unread 02-28-2002, 05:04 AM
Silly Questions

About that swelly belly, yes, it does go down in time. I was back in my looser jeans at 10 days post op when I last had ab surgery. I actually considered wearing my old maternity clothes my belly was that big! LOL I am thin so it really showed on me. You are healing so it will take time for your body to get back to the way it was.

JoAnn
TAH/BSO 3/13

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register