update | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 02-27-2002, 02:24 PM
update

I am having a TAH/LOA. My doctor told me today that I will have to have a vertical incision because if he goes through my c-section scar, he might hit my bladder. When he did my laprascopy 2 weeks ago, he could not even see my bladder for my uterus being in the way. I am afraid what kind of shape my bladder might be in when he uncovers it, quite literally. My surgury is set for March 13. I also have a 21 month old who I have to worry about. I told my doctor that I found a website support group to talk to. He knew exactly who yall were. He said that it was a good website. Thank you for being here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2002, 02:40 PM
update

s

I hope all goes well for you and that your poor bladder's not in too bad of shape. Do you have someone to help take care of your 21-month-old, especially those first weeks of recovery? I'm glad you found this site while you're a LIW. These ladies are great!
Unread 02-28-2002, 08:12 AM
update

Talk to your doctor about your bladder concern. I had huge fibroids pressing on my bladder- during the TAH my gyn decided to call in a urologist, but perhaps in your case it won't be necessary.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2002, 09:42 AM
update

Dear NervousnTenn,

Sending big hugs!

I had a TAH/BSO three months ago. I had a horizontal "bikini cut" incision, but my gyn considered a vertical one. I really didn't want a vertical incision, but I've read quite a few posts here from ladies who had vertical incisions and they did just fine. You will too!

I do hope your bladder is okay and that you won't have any complications with it. However, if you're really concerned about it you might want to ask your gyn if he thinks it might be a good idea to have a urologist there too. I had an ovary stuck to a ureter and both were stuck to the abdominal lining. I had a urologist there to put stents in my ureters at the beginning of my surgery just to be sure my ureters could be easily dissected away from everything else.

Hang in there. Keep thinking positive thoughts about how great you'll feel a few weeks after surgery. Life is good on theother side!

Beth

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register