trip home | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 02-27-2002, 03:31 PM
trip home

O.K. ..dumb question.. is there anybody that wore their pjs and robe home from the castle? I live aprox. 15 minutes from the hospital. I plan on wearing my gown in the castle, but I'll be changing back in to my pjs when I get home. I'll only be in street clothes for just a little while and I thought this may be a little wasted energy changing clothes twice within 30 minutes. Am I being too lazy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2002, 03:36 PM
trip home

When you go home, wear what YOU want. I wore my p.j.'s and I would have dared anyone, to say anything (kind of cranky ). The only thing I would have done differently was bring a cooler set of pj's. I was having hot flashes bigtime! (and I kept my ovaries!) I'm usually cold natured but after surgery, I was burning up for weeks.
Good luck and treat yourself to something new for recovery.
Tam
Unread 02-27-2002, 06:27 PM
trip home

Sounds like a good plan to me! I wore sweats home, and stayed in them. It was comfortable and warm (snow on the ground)...the last thing I was worried about was how I looked!

Do what makes you feel comfortable...that's always the right choice!

Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2002, 06:31 PM
I Agree

Wear what you are the most comfortable in! Nothing wrong with wearing jammies home from the castle!
Unread 02-27-2002, 08:34 PM
trip home

I live 10-15 minutes from the hospital and wore my jammies home - flannel bottoms with a fleece top....
not because I planned to, but because when the nurse came in and said "you can go home now" my DH had my suitcase packed before I could even get out of my hospital bed!!!! He was so cute that I couldn't bear to stop him to get out my going home clothes. But I was comfortable......

Janet
Unread 02-27-2002, 10:05 PM
what to wear home

I've been having those same thoughts myself. The hospital is on the other side,15 min from our small town, pop.1000. Why should I get dressed up to subsequently dress down? doesn't make any sense to me. Idon't see the sense in putting clothes on just to take them off. Matter of fact,I'm wearing not my prettiest jammies to the castle,, but my most comfortable.`
We have an ongoing joke in my family. I love old vintage bathrobes. Well, ok,I sew for aliving, even if it isn't clothing; I sew home and boat interiors.But that is aside the point. I bought so many old (read vintage) bathrobes in my gaarage sailing,, that I asked my kids,did they want tojoin our club? We got a 50/50 on that. I've got the lightweight pendelton,,and the heavyweight. I admire the weave in both. I don't want to go into the castle as a pink prima donna;'it's just not my color. And I want them to know they're helping someone who is an individual. Not another pt. The funny part is,I've accumulated so many nice bathrobes, I asked the kids, did they want to joiin the old bathrobe cllub.. My 17yr. daugher declined, and took all those expensive cotton robes with her.
Unread 02-28-2002, 05:26 AM
trip home

I wore seats home but would have wore PJ's if I'd brought them.
Unread 02-28-2002, 06:08 AM
trip home

After laparascopy I went home in that beautiful hospital gown!!
I just did not feel like changing and my tummy was sore. So now I have a souvenir.
Unread 02-28-2002, 08:54 AM
Thank You

Thanks for responding. I think I WILL wear my Jammies home!! I bought a few new gowns & pjs to wear to help my spirits during recovery, and you are right not to worry. I realy don't think I'll be in too much of a mood for a real fashion show! LOL You sisters are the very best!! to all of you!!!
Unread 02-28-2002, 11:44 AM
trip home

Hello - I am scheduled for 3-14-02 & Will be wearing jammies home!! LOL I have an hour ride & will be comfortable.. Good Luck!!

s

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register