HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Anterior vaginal repair Anterior vaginal repair

Unread 05-24-2013, 11:32 AM
Red face - Anterior vaginal repair Anterior vaginal repair

Hi
I had my operation on Monday 20th 2013 to correct my bladder prolapse - all seems to have gone well - I was home the following day. I am resting and being spoilt by my family & friends.
The painkillers are working & I'm also taking antibiotics in case of infection. I've had terrible problems with constipation & have been in extreme pain despite eating plenty of fruit & fibre - finally this morning I tried 2 suppositories which have begun to help. I just went outside for a 10 min walk which has also helped.
I just wanted to share my experience and to continue to update my progress as there are not many experiences of prolapse ops on here. I will answers any questions & hopefully w can support each other
Unread 05-24-2013, 12:57 PM
Re: Anterior vaginal repair

Hi tilly7,

Welcome! There are a lot of prolapse experiences here on HysterSisters and especially in this forum. Anterior repair is a painful surgery to recover from. Walking and eating fresh, fiber rich foods help. I was also told to take stool softeners twice per day. Did you get your doctors okay to use the suppositories? Do you have any questions for those of us who have been down this road?

Unread 05-25-2013, 02:22 AM
Red face - Anterior vaginal repair Re: Anterior vaginal repair

Hi
Thanks for your reply, yes I did get doctors permission as unfortunately I do suffer very badly from constipation.
Stool softeners sound a great idea - I have never been offered those (that's NHS for you!) I even had to do my own enema before my op!!
I had a great nights sleep and no bleed - not bad since my op was 5 days ago - long may this progress continue, I have painkillers & anti biotics to last until Monday so fingers crossed
Unread 05-25-2013, 05:31 AM

Hello Tilly. I am in uk too, there are a number of ladies who regularly post here about their repairs of all sorts. We all have different experiences and doctors, seems to differ widely from place to place, country to country, it always good to share and encourage regardless of the location. I am having the same procedure as you on 4th June (second attempt) so it will be great to share with someone who is a few weeks further along. Mine is nhs too and I was given stool softeners, docusate, last time, I found getting bm's going very challenging, ditched them and lactulose, opted for high fibre diet instead. Please continue to rest, little walks, sleep, lots of water to drink. Xx Cc
Unread 05-25-2013, 05:48 AM
Red face - Anterior vaginal repair Re: Anterior vaginal repair

Thank you for your reply - a second attempt? How recent from the first? I was warned it could be short lived !
I am resting but was wandering around the house earlier as I do feel so good.
I'm doing regular breathing exercises & pelvic floor exercises as directed by my physio on day of discharge.
Now I'm laying down more comfortable tan sitting!
Good luck for June xx
Unread 05-25-2013, 07:05 AM

I don't wish to discourage you, but we all know that sometimes repairs need to be re-done, mine was previously in November 2011, only the anterior failed, my doctor was as surprised as me, I was called an 'excellent candidate'. Possibly it was my fault, doing too much too soon, I certainly won't this time, my circumstances are different now, intend to enjoy the Summer from a sitting or lying position lol. So please be careful, and rest. Xx
Unread 05-25-2013, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilly7 View Post
Hi
Thanks for your reply, yes I did get doctors permission as unfortunately I do suffer very badly from constipation.
Stool softeners sound a great idea - I have never been offered those (that's NHS for you!) I even had to do my own enema before my op!!
I had a great nights sleep and no bleed - not bad since my op was 5 days ago - long may this progress continue, I have painkillers & anti biotics to last until Monday so fingers crossed
Hi Tilly,
I had my repairs on NHS too and I was prescribed fibre gel to help me with bowel movements..I found it worked tremendously..I also drunk a glass of prune juice daily
Also hot boiled water first thing in the morning s'pose to be good, plus raising your feet on a step while sitting on the loo and leaning forward helps too..
All the best for your recovery and make sure you rest plenty X
Unread 05-29-2013, 07:27 PM

I also had my repair on Monday. I was given Laxido sachets to take morning and night, although they didnt start to work until a couple of days ago. I have also been having Allbran and eating lots of high fibre foods which now seems to be paying off

My bleeding was heavy in hospital, but lightened significantly by day 4, however, it then started again and is now like a period bleed.

Generally I feel quite well, other than having extreme bouts of tiredness. I am doing my pelvic floors, and walking 10 mins day as instructed, and am pottering around the house, infact, I feel so normal sometimes that I have to remember NOT to do things!

I can definitely feel that things are tighter, and really hope that the op was fully successful.

Best wishes, Ali
Unread 05-30-2013, 01:17 AM

So glad to hear things are going well for you too, my bleeding stopped altogether on Sunday, which is great as I haven't been bleeding since my hysterectomy 8 years ago! I was told I'd bleed for 4/6 weeks! I don't have a check up until 8 weeks post op.
I didn't have any painkillers yesterday and all seems well - so far - it is still rather swollen down there when I touch the surrounding area which is to be expected. I keep sleeping about 3pm for couple of hours - then full of energy.
Keep up the pelvic floor and let me know how your feeling please with regular updates take care xx
Unread 06-10-2013, 10:46 AM

Hi Tilly

Hope you are doing well.

My bleeding has stopped and other than still feeling very tired all seems good

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.