help,help,help...please. | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

help,help,help...please. help,help,help...please.

Unread 02-28-2002, 03:05 AM
help,help,help...please.

I found out I had fibroids 4 yrs ago.It is pretty big.I dont have a regular doctor.I am so scared of having the surgery.I cant work...I dont know how those of you do...with such heavy bleeding??? How do you work with this condition???? I dont know what to do.Have surgery...so I can go to work like everyone else...or what?? I will be 45 soon...and havent seen a doctor in 1 yr now.Was thinking of getting lupron shots...but dont know the effects of that..or if that will help me for a few months or what??? Cant find a doctor I trust or like yet!!!!HELP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2002, 03:27 AM
help,help,help...please.

Hi Coffeegirl4 ,

I am sorry that you are having such pain still. I noticed that you had posted a couple of times in November about needing to find a doctor, and from this post, it sounds as if you haven't been to a GYN yet.

I don't know what kind of insurance you have, or if you do have insurance, but please ask your family doctor for a referral to a GYN. You can also ask for a second opinion from another GYN.

It's perfectly normal to feel scared about any type of surgery, but please don't let your fear keep you from having a good life. I was scared, too, but the waiting part was the worst part.

By the way, (as I sit here with my 3rd cup of coffee so far this morning), I love your member name!!

's

Karen
Unread 02-28-2002, 04:25 AM
You will

feel like a new woman once this surgery is all behind you. I am 47 and had adenomyosis. I had horrible cramping and horrendeous flooding. I would sometimes have my monthly for a month at a time, have a short break and than start all over again. It was no way to live!!! It sounds like your cycle controls your life also. Please do yourself a huge favor and find a gyn to help you gain control of your life. I can honestly tell you that this surgery was the best thing I have done for myself. Any discomfort post op was mild compared to my pre op days and now at 10 weeks I can as I go down the feminine products aisle inatead of filling up my cart!! There are many alternative treatments out there so don't let your fear of surgery keep you from seeking a Stop in chat and talk a while as the ladies there are a great source of information and support
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2002, 04:36 AM
help,help,help...please.

Please keep the hunt going for a dr that you feel you can trust. I was scared to death of surgery too, but with the bleeding and pain I was not living a quality life. Bleeding and pain ruled everything! I am so glad that I did have a hyst; I feel that I have control over my life now. I was bleeding so much that my blood count was getting lower and lower, so keep in mind if your condition continues, it has an impact on the rest of your body too. A hyst may not be the answer for you, but a good dr will give you options for treatment and relief. Good hunting!

Unread 02-28-2002, 05:13 AM
help,help,help...please

Hi

I have been there - I went through the Lupron shots - not ery difficult. Hot flashes and nightsweats were the worst.

I worked with all men and the hot flashes can happen at the worst time. It became a comical situation when hotflashes were happening int he boardroom.

I completed my Lupron shots in Oct 2001 - they however have not resolved my pain or heavy periods. I am scheduled for a hys on 3/21. I am very nervouse and am reading anything and everything I can find on the subject.

I also got a call from my dr - seems my mammogram came back with something - need to hae a consult with surgeon on 3/06.

Dealing with one is bad enough. Good luck - I have spoken with women who went through Lupron and their symptoms were relieved greatly. You never know until you try. I assume you have insurance? The Lupron shots are expensive. Mine were $600 each = my insu5rance plain paid for most of it - I paid a copayment of $90 per shot.

Susan

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register