1 week to go!!! Yipee | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

1 week to go!!! Yipee 1 week to go!!! Yipee

Unread 02-28-2002, 05:40 AM
1 week to go!!! Yipee

Only one week to go! My bag is almost packed, shopping is done. Groceries this weekend. Monday is preop then Thursday the Castle.... My nerves are off the charts, but I'm feeling good that it is almost over. I hope it goes fast. The waiting is killing me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2002, 06:03 AM
1 week to go!!! Yipee

I wish you good luck! We'll be with you in our thoughts and prayers. I am sure you'll be just fine and soon happy that everything is over.
and kisses!!
Unread 02-28-2002, 06:08 AM
The waiting...

Has gotten to many a good so you are not alone on that count!! Soon you will have that behind you and be the road to a smooth recovery. Keep us posted as to your progress. Stop in chat and talk a while as the ladies there area a great source of info and support.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2002, 06:50 AM
I'll be thinking of you and the other sisters

as we arrive at the hospital next Thursday. My pre-op was yesterday. I am quite but looking forward to it and I am with joy at the prospect of having all of this all behind me

's to you sister!!
Bev
Unread 02-28-2002, 07:18 AM
Hey Surgery Sister Befuddled

I'm just to that point now that I want it over, chat is a great place to get support, and I'm still scared out of my mind.... But I try not to think about that..... I will be looking for your post when I get back home. My surgery is at 11:00 Central Time. Good luck sister.... :run3:
Unread 02-28-2002, 02:03 PM
Me too!

I'm as as can be that in a week I will be free from all this!

Here's saving a for afterwards!

Mine's at 8am, so perhaps I'll be coming out of it just as you're being put under.

May God bless and keep you safe!

We'll have to compare stories and recovery on the other side!

---Joanne
Unread 02-28-2002, 02:18 PM
1 week to go!!! Yipee

oh yeah, it's me again - one less day to go than all you other gals, but I bet I want it more!!!- I am actually praying that surgery doesn't get cancelled (I still have a sinus infection x2 weeks) and just ran to the surgeons', to pick up some sample antibiotics that his PA had on hand - she was wonderful - my allergist refused to give me another antibiotic when I saw him Tues. eve, but he did give me a note to take 2 days off of work b/c of an acute sinusitis, & he said he wouldn't give me steroids- which is what I really need to get the inflamation down- (actually the right decision as it lowers your immune system) , but all he said was call the surgeon and tell him you have been on antibiotics for 5 days...and see if he wants to do the surgery.- so lets all pray together - and drink lots of water...love,luck,&laughter, Lynda
Unread 02-28-2002, 10:00 PM
Thanks Surgery Sisters, & Ljb

Thanks to the surgery sisters that responded. It won't be long for us now. We can offically say, we have less than a week! WAAAAA HOOOOO.

Ljb, good luck to you. I hope all goes well and they don't cancel on you. That would have to be the worst.

Take care and good luck.
Unread 03-01-2002, 03:29 AM
1 week to go!!! Yipee

Hi Sisters!!
I just can't wait either. I had pre-op yesterday & that was the last step before the big day!! The countdown is ticking away now! I will be out this weekend looking for the perfect tummy pillow. The nerves are totally on edge
Yesterday I even shaved my underarms with the cover on the razor & didn't even realize it!
Hope it's a good week for everyone & this time next week we will have our status

Barb
Unread 03-01-2002, 04:47 AM
1 week to go!!! Yipee

Barb - HAHAHAHAHAHA - you're too funny !!!

Lynda, your sinusitis sounds awful. You might be allowed to add harmless home-brew help, but ask your doctor about all these ingredients in view of timelines (some are blood thinners) ...

I add 1/8 tsp. cayenne to a can of vegetable beef soup. If that's okay with him, ask also about a pinch of garlic (1/16 tsp). If he lets you do these, it will clear up your sinuses and help your body fight (really doesn't taste too bad, either). Also, I know he won't object to lots of vitamin C, but ask how much he thinks is good (again, every good thing has its sides, and he has the timeline in mind).

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register