Thanks | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 02-28-2002, 08:38 AM
Thanks

I want to thank all of you for speaking to my fears and concerns. My hyster is set for Mar. 8. I was terrified but after reading your messages I feel much better. I have been bombarded with well meaning friends and family saying " is this what you really want to do? have you tried the alternatives? did you get a second opinion. I want to shout you are not the one in pain. You are not the one who is chronically tired, afraid to sneeze with a full bladder, bleeding constantly. My sister had nerve enough to tell me that sometimes she forgets that she is on her period. I hurt before, during and after. My husband has been very patient but the quality of our sex life has suffered. I bought a sexy nightgown for Valentine's day and instead I had a hot water bottle on my tummy. Sexy huh? Any way what I am trying to say is that I am scared but it is the right decision for me. I am thinking of maybe doing a series of paintings saying good bye to my uterus.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2002, 08:56 AM
Thanks

I simply stopped telling people the details of my surgery because of all the comments about a second opinion, that all hysts are unnecessary, etc. As a matter of fact, I had 3 opinions from gynecologists and 2 opinions from GP's who told me a hyst was right for me (I knew this already from my own research). When people asked me what I was having done, I just said with a smile "I don't want to bore you with all the details", and moved on to a new topic. Nobody probed further.

I wish you all the best for March 8, and save that sexy nightgown!
Unread 02-28-2002, 09:27 AM
Thanks

Dear JMarie44,

So glad that you have found support here!

Like you, I found it very difficult to deal with the people who cautioined me against having a hyst. One of my best friends was very skeptical ... because I had done such a good job of covering up all the pain I had been in for many years, she didn't "see" just how bad things were for me. It hurt a lot not to have her support, but I had three medical opinions all saying the same thing ... I needed agressive surgery for the endo. And DH and I knew just how bad things really were.

You have my support, you have the support of all the hystesisters here. Despite all the bad press that hysterectomies get, this surgery can be so life-changing for us. At 3 months post op, I feel as though I am living a miracle! The pain had built up slowly over time, to the point that I didn't realize how much pain I really had. Now that it is gone, I can hardly believe it! Life is good for me and I am so grateful.

Best of luck to you!

Beth

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register