Just for laughs | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just for laughs Just for laughs

Unread 02-28-2002, 09:28 AM
Just for laughs

I just wanted to share a funny story with you.
I have been suffering with depresion for a couple years now and an autoimune disease that hindered my working schedule. Any way I was more or less forced to retire MUCH earlier than I wanted after 9 yrs in a family practice office with 4 great drs. and the staff that pretty much became my family. Any way I am trying for diability help and one of the things requested was that I see a phicyatrist that the state selected. O.K.....now I was a nervouse wreck!! For some reason I had the stupid idea in my head that I was a certified nut. LOL . My DS & I have a wonderful relationship. (he's 27 ) I told him what was on my mind about going to the phyc. He said " well if they certify you, you can hang your certificate on my wall" LOL!! Then I told him I was a worried about how my harmones would make me act after my surgery. He said " well... just hang a sign on your door that says BEWARE OF CERTIFIED HARMONAL WOMAN!! " " and when the UPS man comes, he will see the sign, drop the package, ring the doorbell and run!!!!LOL( of course he is teasing me about the whole thing ) My DS always makes me laugh so much with his sense of humor. He made me realize how silly I had been to worry about nuthin'
My DS lives in Atlanta and works for the airlines. He is taking a week off from work so that he can come home and 'take care' of me after my surgery! My DH works days and will be home at night. But my DS wants to 'make sure someone will be with me during the day' He said he has already planned on doing the laundry,shopping or any thing that needs to be done while he is here. And before he leaves he will make sure all laundry and the house was in order before he left. Am I lucky or what!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2002, 09:35 AM
Just for laughs

Shilo,

What a great post! Your DS sounds fabulous ... wanna share him with us???

You know, there are so many things to worry about when it comes to this surgery, you are fortunate to have someone who will make sure you see the lighter side of this. That is so great. It does help to keep your sense of humor, particularly if you do have some of those menopausal symptoms post op. I just say "my thermostat is broken" when I'm having night sweats or hot flashes. Really, it's no big deal compared to the pain I was having before.

Thanks for sharing with us about your DS. He's our kind of guy!

Beth
Unread 02-28-2002, 10:03 AM
Just for laughs

You have a wonderful son (and you must be pretty terrific yourself since you raised him). good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2002, 10:27 AM
Just for laughs

nischwitz,

I loved your post. Soooooo, is your ds single...

LOL

We sure do need more like him around you are very lucky.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register