Panic attack | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 02-28-2002, 09:46 AM
Panic attack

I woke up this morning at 4 am starting to worry about my insurance. I am so afraid of anything stoping my surgery date (march 14th) that I am starting to freak out. I put a call in to my DR to see if the pre-cert. went through now I just sit and wait for an anwser. It seems my worry level is really going up fast and I still have 2 weeks to go. Is this going to get worse? Am I going to be a basket case before my time in the castle? Is there anything I can do to relax or do I just ride this out? I feel like I'm going to explode. And then there are the doubts starting. Is this really the right thing to do? Even though I have beening in tears at the DRs office saying I can't take it anymore. Is it against my faith? (catholic) I am becoming quite a mess. Any help out there.
Hopeful princess Shell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2002, 10:04 AM
Panic attack

Shell,
Take a deep breath. You are normal ... that feeling of panic and second guessing your decision to have the hyst are so common with all of us! But it is a terrible feeling when you're going through it, I know.

I was worried about the insurance too ... I actually called the insurance company myself to check it out and found out that surgery was approved. What a relief! Can you do that too?

Try to think of things you can do that will calm you ... call a close girlfriend that you can cry with and share your fears with ... listen to calming music ... exercise if that helps ... whatever works for you. You'll make it. I'm sure you need this surgery, or you would not be crying in your dr's office about how you just can't go on. Keep focused on how good you will feel a few weeks after surgery. Thoughts create reality ... so think positive thoughts, not negative ones. That was my mantra in the weeks prior to surgery. I wrote that sentence on little slips of paper and had them different places where I would see them.

Hang in there! Life is so good on the other side ... I'm 13 weeks post op today and I feel so good it is like a miracle!

Beth
Unread 02-28-2002, 10:10 AM
Panic attack

Is your question about it being "against your faith" regarding the hysterectomy? No, it is not against the Catholic religion to have a hysterectomy due to a medical condition. Please try to relax and do what Beth suggests. Your doctor can also prescribe medication to help you relax before surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2002, 10:22 AM
Panic attack

Shell,

I am also Catholic and my faith has not crossed my mind once since I found out that I may need surgery. If you are worried call your priest and talk to him. I am sure that he will assure you that your pain is God's way of telling you to have the surgery.

Take a deep breath sweetie.

bless you
Unread 02-28-2002, 10:53 AM
Panic attack

I am Catholic also and my hysterectomy is scheduled for March 11. I didn't consider my faith regarding this surgery. I believe that we are called to take the best care of the bodies that we have been given and if that means surgery than do that.
It's normal to start to worry about any surgery - let alone a major surgery such as hysterectomy. Call your dr. for questions and schedule a pre-op visit if you haven't already.
Good luck.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register