adenomyosis - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 02-28-2002, 04:12 PM
adeno

I have suspected adeno as well. I to have the heavy bowling ball feeling in my stomach. I have severe pain with periods and for about a week afterward, which I then get a week of just feeling bloated and horrible then I get to start the whole process over again. Can't wait until this is all over
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2002, 04:41 PM
adenomyosis

I had adeno & had that bowling ball feeling too. With my periods, I had horrible ripping cramps, huge blood clots I sometimes had to push to get out & bleeding that seemed like someone had turned on a faucet inside my uterus.

My dr picked up on the adeno during a vaginal ultrasound. He showed me the pics and pointed out where it indicated adeno. However, he said the only "acceptable" way to diagnose it was with a pathology report after a hyst.

Hope your surgery goes well & you will be feeling better in no time.
Unread 03-01-2002, 05:39 AM
adenomyosis

I spoke to my kids (13 and 16 yr old) yesterday about my upcoming surgery and my son (the 13 yr old) said: Oh, I wish no one ever had to go through this... except, maybe Osama BinLaden.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-01-2002, 09:13 AM
adenomyosis

I too was diagnosed with "possible/probable adenomyoma" the doctor suspected it after a laporoscopy to rule out endometriosis...he video taped it and you could see when he touched my uterus with the scope how "spongy and boggy" it was....A few years back I had an ultrasound and it showed my uterus to be enlarged, but nothing was said about it...I too have the very bloated feeling and it tends to get worse at night...have not been scheduled for a hysterectomy yet, but hoping when I see the doctor on 4/2 he'll agree with me on it! I have read there is a few ways to diagnose adeno for sure, but my aunt and my grandma had it and it was not until their hyst did they find that to be the cause of all their problems!
This is a great site.....
Unread 03-01-2002, 09:31 AM
adenomyosis

MJM93,

It is so very important for you to share your mom and sister's history with your . At the age of 46, I walked in to my December '01 appointment with that pain, bleeding, bowling ball feeling. Not to mention all the wonderful peri-menopausal symptoms and told the doc, mom was like this until 53, sis was like this until 47, mom had a hyst in her mid 70's for of all things, a burst ovarian cyst -- "why would I not have a hysterectomy -- now?" She looked at me and said - I can't argue with you on that. So we went from 12/19 to surgery on 1/14 and I couldn't be happier; well, ok, when I'm finally hormonally balanced forever after!
Unread 03-02-2002, 01:52 PM
adenomyosis

I just had a TAH on 2/20 for adeno and fibroids. From my first day post op, I could feel a difference in my abdomen. My boys noticed I was not so poochy, and in fact, I am not!
Most of my IBS symptoms have not yet appeared, and there was a sheet of adhesions from an ovary to my colon.Maybe I'm no longer the Queen of Immodium!

I am having some wound complications and the flu,but I still feel better than I did pre-op.

I did have an MRI as a work up for UAE, and that's when the probable adeno appeared to be the bigger problem. UAE will not work for adeno,just certain types of fibroids.
Good Luck!
Unread 03-02-2002, 02:11 PM
adenomyosis

http://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...ey+and+options

I hope this link turns out ok. My dr. was almost sure I had adenomyosis. I was relying on vicodin for pain control during the last few months before the hysterectomy. I had an ultrasound that showed an enlarged uterus the size of a 9 week pregnancy, (I was told that once it reached 10 weeks or bigger the vaginal approach wouldn't have been offered to me.) It also had a globular shape to it which is typical for adeno, showed a small fibroid, and on exam the uterus was soft. When the pathology came back it showed something else. Dyssychronous endometrium. Plus the uterus weighed about 152 grams. Normal I think is about 50-70 grams. No adeno or fibroid on the pathology report! I think the pathologist was wrong because for years I had been told of a fibroid in there after many ultrasounds during pregnancies and it grew with them. Plus I had alot of the symptoms with adeno including passing big clots. Either way I feel so much better. Interesting about the comment about Osama Bin Laden. I remember in recovery that the patient next to me was told by his nurse to kick Osama to see if he had any sensation back in his legs. This surgery really wasn't to bad. I don't regret it.
Unread 03-02-2002, 02:20 PM
re: Adenomyosis

I also had adenomyosis. I agree with the night time symptoms as well. Any long time on my feet was awful. I also had very bad lower back pain, leg cramping, bloating, cramping on or off my period.

My pms became my "nutso" week. I had a period every 2-3 weeks or i would go 2 months w/out one at all.

Passing huge blood clots had to be the worst! So painful as if having labor pains (contractions) Bleeding was so heavy i would go threw a super+ tampon and over night pad in 15 minute or less.

So glad its over!!!!

I feel like a brand new

take care
Michele
Unread 03-11-2002, 02:35 PM
adenomyosis

Michelle,
can you tell me if your pms has gotten any better since you had your hyst. I am scheduled for June 7th and I'm supposed to keep my ovaries, although my left one seems to be bothering me more than before. I don't want to get rid of my ovaries, but my dr. said my pms will not get any better because I'll still ovulate. He thinks I have adenomyosis because mu uterus is 11 weeks and boggy. Also cramps throughout the month, but worse a week before my period and after. I keep feeling this pressure and pulling sometimes like when I was pregnant, weird. I am pmsing again right now and I am hopefull that this will get easier after the hyst. I can't stand being like this. I'm achy, angry, weepy, and so on. My dr. suggested I take black cohosh, B6 and evening primrose oil for the PMS. The emotional part has gottn a little easier, but physically, I'm feeling so crappy that I think that also adds to my stress. Hope someone can answer.
Unread 03-11-2002, 02:37 PM
adenomyosis

forgot one more thing, I don't have heavy bleeding like others have said they have. I used to before I had my kids with blood clots and all, but the last couple of years it's been getting lighter. The last one was 4 days late(and I used to be like clockwork) and only lasted about three days with the heaviest bleeding one day and I only had to used two pads that day. I don't know, but my body seems to really be going out of control.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register