HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

How does sex change if the cervix is removed?! HELP!! How does sex change if the cervix is removed?! HELP!!

Unread 06-02-2013, 08:23 AM
How does sex change if the cervix is removed?! HELP!!

Okay this is going to be a odd post, but I have to ask. How does having the cervix removed affect a persons sex life afterwards?? The reason I ask is because ummm... My husband is... Well, uhhhhh... Very well endowed. He hits my cervix every time we have sex. What happens if have it removed?? I'm worried having it removed will drastically change my sex life with my husband.

PLEEEEEEAAAAAAASE HELP!!!!!!

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Unread 06-02-2013, 10:17 AM
Re: How does sex change if the cervix is removed?! HELP!!

I had my cervix removed, and my husband was always bumping mine as well. So far from my experience, sex is not all that different. The only thing lacking is the bump, which for me was only sometimes enjoyable and others times caused great pain. My ability to "O" has not changed and honestly I really do not think I miss the bumping all that much. Hope it helps....of course just my opinion.
Best of luck!
Unread 06-02-2013, 01:49 PM

This is one of my concerns as well. Not to be vulgar but I am scared after my hysterectomy that my husband is going to think sex feels like "a hot dog thrown down a hall way" I am only 29 he is only 33 we have many more years of intimacy. I worry if the sex changes we will change towards each other.
Unread 06-02-2013, 02:02 PM

I have no cervix, and I do not miss it. Before my hysterectomy, DH and I didn't have sex for months because he hit my cervix and it HURT! I do remember enjoying that feeling years ago. Now sex is better that it has ever been for us. I have no pain and powerful orgasms. As for the "hot dog thrown down a hallway" , that hasn't been our experience. DH says he cannot tell a difference other than it is more snug. It took a while to get to this point post op, and some women have a more difficult time, but losing my cervix hasn't wrecked my sex life. I wish the same for you.
Unread 06-02-2013, 02:10 PM

I'm three weeks post op. I had daVinci with removal of tubes, ovaries, cervix, and uterus all taken out through my vagina. I'm on HRT, and have had no hot flashes at all, but was very weepy and emotional until I was put on Premarin.
I've not been cleared for intercourse, but we've been experimenting with outer course. Ive been able to orgasm, but I cannot wait to be able to fully explore again. I think you just have to be more creative and have a positive attitude.
Unread 06-02-2013, 03:20 PM

I had my cervix removed and neither my husband or I can tell any difference. Sex is just the same as it was before. You will have a vaginal cuff to replace your cervix - it's not like your vagina is never ending. I'm quite happy to have it gone.
Unread 06-02-2013, 03:27 PM

Thank goodness! I want to be more intimate with my husband since we haven't really been able too be as intimate as much as we want to because I'm always in pain. I want to enjoy it before, during, and after and stop just grinning and bearing it for his sake.
Unread 06-02-2013, 03:43 PM

I see you are scheduled to have a daVinci surgery. Some of our members who had daVinci surgery have had their vaginal cuff rupture after being intimate with their partner. Be sure your doctor is well experienced with performing this type of surgery. Don't make a final decision until you have discussed this with your doctor.
Unread 06-02-2013, 05:00 PM

Catherine, you're so right. I'm waiting on my final exam from the dr and his approval that I'm healed enough for intercourse. It's not worth risking more surgery.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.