Bladder Sling W/LAVH ????? | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bladder Sling W/LAVH  ????? Bladder Sling W/LAVH ?????

Unread 02-28-2002, 12:42 PM
Bladder Sling W/LAVH ?????

I am looking for anyone that has had a bladder sling repair done with their hyst. I am scheduled for an LAVH with A&P repairs, that was before I went to see a urologist. He told me with the bladder sling procedure he will make an abdominal and a vaginal cut and put in a superpubic tube. My gyn was not available and I was wondering if they will do the LAVH or do they change it to an abdominal procdure. Just curious if anyone has had this experience. I've seen alot of posts for women that have had LAVH and they usually are going home within a day after surgery. Anyone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2002, 02:38 PM

I had a TVH with bladder surg. They were both separate incisions (one over the pelvic bone-bladder, and the vaginal incision-where the sun don't shine ). Not sure about the incision for a LVH. But from what I remember they kind of use both entries to help each surgery out. Sorry, If I'm confusing you more.
I went home the next day but it was about a week and a half before I felt "back to some kind of normal". After two weeks, I was pretty much, back to my old self (minus, the two week periods). Just tired easily, some minor cramping sometimes. Everyone recoveries differently, so try not to compare too much with others, if you don't/do recover at the same rate.
Find out all you can before surgery. The ladies here are a great source of info.
Good luck
Tam
Unread 02-28-2002, 05:55 PM

Hi SusieQM!

I had LAVH with a bladder sling but did not have an abdominal incision aside from the teeny ones they make for the laparascope. My GYN did the hyst and the sling. He does them all the time and it was unnecessary to use a urologist. It seems as though some doctors are very skilled and comfortable with doing the bladder repair without having to make an abdominal incision and others are not. Just like in real life, we're all good at different things. I had surgery on a Tuesday at noon and went home on Thursday at 2 PM.

Very best to you!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register