Latest Update on Lydia | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Latest Update on Lydia Latest Update on Lydia

Unread 02-28-2002, 06:51 PM
Latest Update on Lydia

Hi ladies ,
It's Me again, Shirley!
Here is another post for Lydia, as always I was glad to do it. Please contiue to for her and sending your good wishes also, it really brigthens and lifts her spirits.

Hello Sisters:
Today, wednesday my mom and oldest brother came along with me to the Surgeon's office to ask questions we needed to ask, and i took along the questions that horsewoman forwarded to me from an old post.
My surgery will be on March 6,wednesday, not sure what time yet, the doctor on surgical team said he will call me monday on cell and let me know. My surgery may last anywhere from 1-3 hours and i will be in hospital anywhere from 3-7 days depending upon fever,anesthesia and also other complications such as wound infections. They are going to cut me vertically and staple. Doctor says i am very high risk,but i have had surgeries like this before and so i am not that concerned..I mean i had surgeries being overweight and with general anesthesia and came through fine. The doctor has decided that since in my family i have such high risk of cancer,that i need to go to a geneticist to be checked,also he is going to do another breast exam in the hospital to make sure that area is fine(very pleased with my physician)also i won't be on any H.R.T.(hormone replacement therapy because of cancer in family, he says that my Effexor Xr that i have been on for past 6months for depression ! will help with hot flashes and mood swings and he is putting me on Raloxifen to prevent bone density/osteoporosis. My mother and brother and I were okay with that.
I had so many phone calls today,because today was the day i was expected to have surgery,but since there were some scheduling problems with surgical team the surgery was postponed,but that i was okay with. THe hospital is excellent,it is a teaching hospital and i will be in the best of care. THe doctors joke around with you,anesthesiologists do the same.,i am stressing,but not as much as i thought i would. I am trying not to be too overly nervous,but i know the closer i get the more nervous i will be..THe surgical team,consists of 3 surgeons,anesthesiologist and 2-3 o.r. techs..I feel so spoiled,all this good care that i am getting.

I still can't believe i am down to just a few days away. I have decided to decline working this week so as to get as much rest as possible. THey are taking out my appendix,surgeon said that the appendix is associated with pelvic pain as well and so that is why they are removing it. I have my clothes laid out on my bed that i will be taking in my suitcase, all i have to do is put them in the suitcase. I will be on Morphine pump,but ask the doctor to put me on anti-nausea drug and also something for gas. After Sunday, it is countdown..After midnight Sunday no more food,just clear liquids and bowel prep..they said they would insert cath and shave pubic area after i am out.
THe head surgeon of the surgical team is very well experienced with many years in ob/gyn cases and surgeries. The receptionist at the hospital said i have nothing to worry about.,because she had worked along side him for many years. Most likely i will have to share a room being that i am on county insurance.,but i don't care, i will just bring along some headphones and my portable cd player and my relaxation cd's so i don't hear my room mates noise.,besides first day i will be so out of it anyway.

If you care for any other information just email me and i can give adddress or phone to hospital...or you can just wait for Michelle,SweetOceanBlue77 to reply with post as to how i am doing,she will be in touch with my family.

I must go for now, i have been sitting way too long at computer and my pelvic area is telling me to go take my Vicodin. I will be on again at another time.
Till then I wish you all the best and i can't tell you how much and how appreciative i am of all your support. I have so much to be thankful for. THe support around me locally is unbelievable. I had to call so many people and tell them of the change for the surgery,the phone was ringing off the hook,made me feel really good and special.
Take care my friends,
Love all of u,
Lydia/Endo34@hystersisters.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2002, 07:08 PM
WOOO-HOOOO!

This is SO FAHBULOUS to HEAR!!!!!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register