I am so disgusted | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I am so disgusted I am so disgusted

Unread 02-28-2002, 09:32 PM
I am so disgusted

Hi Everyone,

I am suppsoe to have a total hysterectomy Monday, March 4th. I am not sure what is going to happen now. Found out today, and my day was so awful, that I am not having the surgeon (2nd Surgeon), that I was suppose to have in assisting my gyn. I have endometriosis, fibroid pushing into my bladder, cysts on the ovary I have left, my intestines stuck to my abdominal wall. I was told I was going to have Dr Z. I was happy with that, Dr Twit, needs some lessons in bed side manners. I told my gyn I don't want near him, he's a jerk and needs lessons in bed side manners. Now, I am afraid, this surgery may be put off on account of this. I think it may be the fault of the person that is hired for the scheduling of hysterectomies.

It is as though something keeps blocking me from the surgery, that took me 5 years to finally decide and accept having it done. Dr. Twit came into my hospital room last month after I had collapsed from pain in the gyn office. He insisted my pain was coming from my back, and wanted me to have massage therphy. Which my ins. won't pay. He said he was going to get rid of my pain, after he put his weight on my back up and down about 3 times on each side of the spine, till he aggravated the disease, and concluded it was in my back, what a Twit. I had finally decided to have this surgery, and he comes in with this????? I looked at him like his screws were loose. Get this, he said to his nurse the next day, I didn't know she was has a fibroid, cysts and heavy bleeding, and severe anemia. What a Twit. He looked at my tummy saw the scars from my past surgeries and assumed I was looking for more surgery. By the way my back was sore for 3 days, from this guy, and caused a huge fight between my husband and myself.

Now I am afraid he may be the 2nd surgeon. I will be calling the doc. office tomorrow, to find out, who is operating on me. I have been in tears all month since the date was set. I just want it all to end.. I want to get on with my life, I really haven't had a life for so long. I don't remember how to live anymore.

I have had such a horrible day, Hubby needs new tires, very badly. My dog woke me 3 times in the morning; one night I was sleeping good. Haven't been sleeping well since this has all come up. Our water meter needs fix, be no charge for us, but we do have to be here and this may be while I am recovering, got a phone call today, for the wrong John. I ask how did you get my number, they said they called information, I said the number is suppose to be unlisted. Oh, I was not a happy camper. We have gotten phone calls before for this John. Same last name is the same. My daughter calls. and needs us to go get her plates for her car tomorrow. Like we don't have enough to do this week end. Then she didn't know where the registration to her other car was.

I have rambled enough. Well if no one doesn't read this, thats okay. Be afraid my luck would rub off on to you.

angl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2002, 09:43 PM
I am so disgusted

(((((((Angl)))))))))

Sounds like such a miserable time. I'm so sorry. I'm sure it will all work out -- I hope things get better soon!

s,

Melissa
Unread 02-28-2002, 10:41 PM
Awwww~

Sending good thoughts your way sister!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-01-2002, 04:44 AM
Hi Angl

I can hear the frustration in your post. I would be frustrated too. I can certainly understand your not wanting to be operated on a man you consider a twit!!!!

Life sure can pile up the dirty laundry on you just before your hyster. I was in the middle of projects at work, , my grandpa had died unexpectedly, my husband & I were in the middle of a major house remodel with us doing the work and did not have the kitchen done, and then....ovarian cancer out of the blue diagnosis my 1st surgery was cancelled because I had pneumonia, after I'd already been given iv etc and seven days later they couldn't wait anymore and I had it with an epidural.

Hopefully, things will settle down for you and you can get a much needed vacation during your recovery. Take Care - RobinS
Unread 03-01-2002, 07:31 AM
I am so disgusted

This is such an emotional time for all of us. I hope things settle down for you soon.

I hope you can INSIST that someone other than Dr. Twitt will assist. I don't think I could have faced that possibility, either.

I insisted that a particular anesthesiologist not come anywhere near me. He was such a jerk at my pre-op appt. I was a basketcase thinking he might pull duty for my surgery. So, I called and talked to the hospital. They straightened everything out.

Let us know what happens. We are rootin' for you.
Unread 03-01-2002, 11:32 AM
thank you ladies, and whew!!!

thanks so much replying to me post. Wasn't sure if anyone was going to respond to it or not.

Yes, I did get it straightened out. My doctor's office said that no way I will have Dr. Twitt. Instead of the dr. I wanted it will be that doctors working partner. Haven't met this one, Hope this one is a better personality than, Dr Twitt.

Now I just need to get through the week end. Keep tyring to look on the bright side of enjoying life more when this is all over with.

Thank you so much for your personal stories of what you had to go through and why you had to have your hysterectomies.

Thank you so much for your responses. All it takes is a few words of encouragement and kind words to make some one fell better.

You ladies are very appreciated

Angl
Unread 03-01-2002, 06:01 PM
closed doors

remember the good Lord never shuts a door without opening another maybe the Lord blocked this surgery. I do hope all works out for you. are you taking something for stress. it maybe something you need to talk to your dr about getting something to help with your nerves. sending you hugs

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register