How Do you Work..with your condition????? | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How Do you Work..with your condition????? How Do you Work..with your condition?????

Unread 03-01-2002, 05:42 AM
How Do you Work..with your condition?????

Was wondering how those of you are able to work...with the heavy bleeding and all??? I find I cannot.Let me know hope you cope with this?????Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-01-2002, 06:20 AM

I have plenty of personal products with me. I keep some at work and in my purse. It is Very annoying I know. That is one thing I will not miss after my TAH.

Good Luck to You

Unread 03-01-2002, 06:20 AM

Hi,

Let me tell you, that was hard. I work at a hospital for only 3 hours a day and I would have to bring a change of clothes with me. No matter what I used, I was always overflowing everything. It was very embarrassing as well.

Now, after surgery, I am looking forward to not having that to worry about it anymore!

Good Luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-01-2002, 06:21 AM

I don't know how heavy your bleeding is or for how many days, but I used to wear tampons along with super pads; had to change both every hour for many days per month. Took medication for extreme pain , took iron for anemia due to blood loss, got myself out of bed and went to work. If anyone was rude enough to ask me why I went to the bathroom so often I stared at them incredulously and "thanked them for their concern". I know people suffering from cancer and other serious medical conditions who come to work everyday, so I had no reason to stay home.
Unread 03-01-2002, 08:18 AM
How I Coped.....

Midol (when it worked). Motrin, Naprosyn, Tylenol when Midol failed me. When all those failed, moved onto Percocet or Darvocet. Got sick and tired of taking pain meds to deal with the pain I was having. The bleeding was only really heavy (needed to use pad and super plus tampon) for the first 2-3 days of cycles. Still, after the first couple days was having to use tampons and pads. Seems the tampons never quite got it all without the pad to protect my clothes. Dealing with heavy, painful cycles is a pain in the butt, and I am happy to report it will all be a thing of the past come April 23! Wahooooo!

Hope you have some relief!
Unread 03-02-2002, 02:39 PM

Hi

I work at a hospital and take supplies by the dozen with me.
If all the bleeding isn't bad enough. all my coworkers know
whats going on too. I work with alot of guys too. Good luck to you

Lisa Ado
Unread 03-03-2002, 10:23 AM

I'm with AmyS on this one...I got through the months before the hyst on mortin, vicodan and percoset. The bleeding I begged my doc to stop it using lupron first, and then the ol' standby for me, depot provera injections. Worked for me, don't know if it does for everyone in terms of stopping bleeding though!

We sympathize with ya sweetie, especially those of us who have been there, done that, and bought the tee shirt!

Much love and support!

~Ami

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register