Which Would You Prefer?? | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Which Would You Prefer?? Which Would You Prefer??

Unread 03-01-2002, 08:26 AM
Which Would You Prefer??

Hi there. My GYN has been just fabulous with me.. dealing with me and my pain and problems for almost 2 years. We have FINALLY made the decision to do a Hysterectomy (what type of hyst. not sure yet). Anyways, I feel so appreciative! A lot of other docs would of had told me it was "all in my head" and to find another doctor.. or dope me up on pain pills (which just mask the problem). This GYN has never been like this towards me. She has already performed 2 surgeries on me.. this one in April will be my 3rd (and hopefully last). No bad feelings towards her, just getting tired of being cut open.

Anyhow.. I was talking to dh about getting her a little something to show my appreciation and gradditude towards her. She's a military physician.. so other than "atta girls", she doesn't get anything else. We were thinking of getting her a small, simple and pretty gift such as a pair of stud earrings. But, on the other hand, I got to thinking just a bit ago that maybe a nice spring bouquet of flowers would be better. What would you ladies prefer to get from a patient?

's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-01-2002, 09:12 AM
Which Would You Prefer??

I'm not in the medical field, but -- earrings last forever. Flowers don't. I guess which I'd get depends on how much the doc seems to like frilly things, or how no-nonsense & spartan she seems.

I generally prefer flowers as a gift myself -- I have lots of earrings already, prefer to pick my own as I'm choosy, and love the feminineness of flowers.

Melissa
Unread 03-01-2002, 09:18 AM
Which Would You Prefer??

I think I know what I am going to give to her. She has a great bed-side manner. So I think I will get her a really nice card (but a tad funny and or cute at the same time). There is a really nice florist nearby that does a really nice job on putting arangements together. I have used them before for friends that just needed a little "pick-me-up".

Thing is: to give it to her before surgery, or after? Hmmmm. I was thinking after might be more appropriate. Like, when I see her for post-op appointment. I dunno.. any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-01-2002, 03:31 PM
Which Would You Prefer??

Hi Amy -

I have a suggestion -- how about a hystersisters mug filled with a bouquet of flowers (the florist can use some floral foam in the mug and create a pretty arrangement around it). Afterwards the surgeon will remember to recommend the site to her patients when she uses the mug for her tea/coffee. Or you could buy the package that comes with 2 mugs and a crown -- and you'll have an extra mug for yourself.

I've ordered a couple things from this site and had a wonderful experience -- my order came quickly and it was great to get a treat in the mail.

You're so lucky to have such a great relationship with your surgeon!

Good luck!

Leslie
Unread 03-01-2002, 04:17 PM
Leslie...

That is a GREAT idea! I am going to do the same as Amy, give my great a gift for dealing with such a nervous wreck that I am. My doc has been great over the years! a floral arrangement in the hyster mug is perfect!

Thanks for the suggestion Amy and thanks for fine tuning it Leslie

Bev

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register