Finally, it's over | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Finally, it's over Finally, it's over

Unread 03-01-2002, 01:29 PM
Finally, it's over

I had my surgery on Wed, 2/27 and I was a nervous wreck. Well just as we've been told many, many, time on this site, waiting was truly the hardest part.

My surgery went well and here it is day 3 and I have very little discomfort. I wouldn't say I have pain as much as just being sore.

My bladder didn't want to cooperate yesterday so I have a cath. in until Monday but I'm resting well and even good enough to sit and type this.

Hospital was great but GOD BLESS the NURSES!!

If I only knew last week what I know now, I wouldn't have worried or cried one bit.

Oh, I had a vaginal but got to keep my ovaries. Also had the bladder sling done and only an ache or two from that area.

Ladies, you can do this. I pray you all have good experiences like myself.

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement this site gave me.

Sheryl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-01-2002, 03:18 PM
Finally, it's over

What a wonderful report. Thanks for sharing it with us. I feel better already! I'm so glad you are doing so well. Take good care and God bless
Unread 03-01-2002, 03:29 PM
Finally, it's over

Sheryl,
I am so glad all went well and thank you so very much for the encouraging words.

You are all helping me so very much here.

I am feeling excited about this again

I pray your recovery will continue to be wonderful.....

God Bless,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-01-2002, 05:13 PM
Finally, it's over

Sheryl, I'm glad it went so well! And I really really appreciate the words of encouragement. I am getting so frenetic and flighty! I keep forgetting things, and sleeping poorly.

I had LASIK surgery in November of '98 and was terrified beforehand. They had us pre-op patients lined up in comfy chairs, watching post-op ones walk out. They all said, "Really, it wasn't bad at all," and when it was my turn, it wasn't bad. When I came out, I smiled at the anxious faces and told them that.

I'm still nervous, of course (and excited and emotional), but every time I hear someone say, "Really, it's not that bad, you'll get through it fine," a little bit of tension in me releases. So thanks!

Now take good care of yourself! I hope the rest of your recovery goes smoothly.

Melissa
Unread 03-01-2002, 06:00 PM
Finally, it's over

I'm so glad everything went so well. It helps the LIWs so much to hear that it really will be OK!!!

Keep us posted on your progress...you're gonna do great!

Karen
Unread 03-01-2002, 06:22 PM
Finally, it's over

thank you for the thoughts of those who are left behind - i am praying - letterally to get rid of this sinus infection so that they don't cx my sx - I feel like I just want to get it over and done with - you are right the LIW worry club is probably the hardest - I feel once i am in the hospital I will have some control back - thanks for the positive report - it really amde a difference in my day - see ya on the other side - take good care of yourself
Unread 03-01-2002, 07:27 PM
Thank you, Thank you!

Sheryl--

Thank you so very much for your post. My surgery is Monday (3-4) and I am starting to get nervous. I want to be at the point where I can say it wasn't bad and it was all worth it and I'd do it again, etc.

I have to ask...you are home with a cath??? My worst nightmare and something my doc suggested I be aware of. Lord will I make it through the next 33 hours???
Unread 03-01-2002, 09:35 PM
Finally, it's over

Welcome Home Sheryl
I am so glad to hear that you are home, and doing well.
Remember to get lots of
Enjoy being Pampered.
Take Care
Unread 03-02-2002, 04:56 AM
Yes I have a cath.

Linda, yes I had to be re-cath after being released but I'm absolutely frilled because my bladder muscle needs to rest and I'll get it taken out on Monday. There is absolutely NO PAIN with this and I don't even know it's there. Heck I don't even have to get out of bed to pee. LOL

Even after surgery and coming home, it didn't hurt to be put back in so don't worry. The cath. would be the last thing to worry about. I'm thankful to have it right now.

Sheryl
Unread 03-02-2002, 06:13 AM
Finally, it's over

Welcome home, glad all went well. Please take care of yourself and continue to let us know how you are doing.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register