1 Day Who are they kidding????? | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

1 Day Who are they kidding????? 1 Day Who are they kidding?????

Unread 03-01-2002, 04:58 PM
1 Day Who are they kidding?????

I just got the approval letter from the insurance, they approved 1 day. And have me being admitted by the bladder surgeon not the gyn. Are they serious. I'm having an LAVH/LSO, Bladder sling, and A&P repairs. Right..... One day. ROFL

Just one more thing to have to worry about, and to check on next week. Because of course it comes TODAY when I can do nothing about it.

I know its just procedure, but it is an insult, and I know my doc wont send me home if I'm not ready. Just more hastles... I HATE INSURANCE COMPANIES

Well here's to another night of no sleep.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-01-2002, 05:26 PM

I hate what has been going on with insurance companies too. Sorry that they are adding stress onto an already stressful situation for you. I think that while you are in the hospital and the doctor documents the reasons you need extra time that they will then approve more time. They just have to give everyone a hard time for some reason. Try not to worry too much, your doctor will fight for you Best wishes and prayers.
Unread 03-01-2002, 05:30 PM

I was in chat with you when you were talking about the 1 day they approved, do you think that the problem is that they have the urologist as the admitting dr?

I am assuming you will get after your ob/gyn's office next week to get this settled, not sure why it came from the uro's office and the the ob/gyns!!

Let us know what happens!!

Take Care
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-01-2002, 06:08 PM

When I was preparing to go in for my surgery I can vividly recall my surgeon saying............now if we need more time for you I can contact your insurance and I know how to get this accomplished. Believe me, doctors deal with insurance companies every day. Your doctor will fight for you because your Health is what must come first. Your doctor will do whatever it takes to get you the time that YOU need in order to be safely discharged to return home.

s,
Patty
Unread 03-01-2002, 07:32 PM

Susie

My insurance also approved me for one day. My doctor, however told me to plan on three days, two nights. I questioned the office on it and was told it was SOP for the insurance companies and something they are very used to handling. I am sure your doctors office will give you the same information but I would call them so you can hear it for yourself and rest easy you have done your part! Don't they know we have enough to worry about as it is???

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register