Getting Nervous | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Getting Nervous Getting Nervous

Unread 03-01-2002, 07:12 PM
Getting Nervous

I'm beginning to get a little nervous about this whole experience now. I had my pre-op visit with the doctor yesterday for all of my bloodwork etc and found out the doctor is insisting on a TAH-BSO instead of the TVH-BSO. I understand his reasoning as the idea of operating blind with the size of my veins is really dangerous but the recovery time is just too much! I need to get back to my business (I'm a massage therapist in private practice). I can't imagine sitting still for 6 weeks. I'm really hoping that I can give myself the time to heal and not be worrying about my business and the bills that keep coming and the money that has dried up while I recover. It seems like most of the time I'm staying positive about the experience and realizing it will all be okay but then the worry sets in and.... Thanks for all the support out here in Hyster-Sister land! I have found such peace at this site! Peace and Joy to all of you other Ladies-in-Waiting!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-01-2002, 07:22 PM
Awwww

Hang in there! Things will work out just fine. You'll see. Lots of ers for you!
Unread 03-01-2002, 07:47 PM
Getting Nervous

{{{HUGS}}}

It's hard to imagine how we'll get through the recovery time. It sounds so long when you hear it!

Believe me, the time goes by very differently once you are there. Your body goes through so much; it needs the time to heal properly and to get itself back to normal.

As someone so in touch with the workings of the human body in your profession, you know the value of allowing the body to recover at its own rate. You may not have to "sit" for 6 weeks, but you will have to go slow and listen to what your body tells you. The no lifting, pulling, pushing, bending, stretching stuff...it pays off huge dividends for a healthy future.

I hope you'll have a great outcome and a peaceful recovery. It's kind of a golden time...to just be, without having to "do". Enjoy it if you can!!!

Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-01-2002, 08:23 PM
tah/bso vs tvh/bso

I had a tah/bso and it was a biniki cut. no problems I don't think that even a vaginal hyst could have been any easier in fact if I am not misstaken both require the same amount of time to heal not because of the inscision but because of the stitches inside. You have a lot inside and that is what has to heal. the out side will heal in no time but the inside is what is healing for 6 weeks. I am a big girl and I still had a biniki cut so like I said I was healed on the outside in about 2 weeks completely but the inside was another 4 weeks healing until I could go back to doing the things I could before. God Bless.
Unread 03-02-2002, 11:19 AM
Getting Nervous

welcome to the generalized worry club - I know what it is worry about how to meet your bills - that has been my life for the past year (my work hours were cut from 40 to 32 a year ago) and then this jan 11th I was told they were cutting me again to 24 hours ---or on the other hand I could go to work in another unit that the corporation just bought- which would give me a 40 hour week job, with the promise of coming "home, back to my own state" as our unit here added patients and a new program that would need social worker input to see pts. ---well, the point of this is to tell you that despite the fact that I am a worrier, and a really, really detailed person when under stress, for me this was a blessing in disguise b/c 2 weeks later I found out that my "polyp" was a huge tumor and I needed a hysterectomy on 3-6-02, and here is the "thank you g-d" part - I have purchased short term disability insurance for years, and now I will be out for my recovery (after 14 days) at 60% of my 40 hour/week paycheck. despite the fact that I am a social worker, providing comfort, stress mgm and counseling to everyone else (telling myself not to worry ) just doesn't work. ---things do have a way of working out - this is the only time you get to recover the right way from this big surgery - be as kind to yourself as you can- I really hear your stress in that you make your living by "bending, stretching, pushing, pulling etc" - hang in there and e-mail me if you want, I have 1 more day home, and then off to Fitchburg Mass, and then if my sinus infection clears up , on to surgery the 6th, but I will reply asap - Lynda aka ljblank@aol.com
Unread 03-02-2002, 02:44 PM
Getting Nervous

Yep, thought I was prepared, but as each day passes I worry more and more. We share the same surgery date. I have my preop tomorrow. I don't know what to expect outside the basic tests and stuff. Got a letter from the insurance saying 1 day. I almost fell over. I had more time then that when I had a baby. I will make sure I don't go home to early. Its just the last thing I wanted to worry about. I am having so many repairs I can't imagine a 1 day stay. Good luck and I hope things go the way you want them to.
Unread 03-03-2002, 10:29 AM
Getting Nervous

Hi I too can not stay still that long, I work at a pet store and have a lot of birds tiels, and such, I didnt stay down when I had surgery on my foot in august, its a pain. but hopefully I can get back to work . By the way I am having mine on 8th, I dont live very far from Hoffman Estates, I live in Dixon. Good luck and best wishes.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register