Pre-op hsyerectomy after d and c | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre-op hsyerectomy after d and c Pre-op hsyerectomy after d and c

Unread 03-01-2002, 09:26 PM
Pre-op hsyerectomy after d and c

Hi.

I'm scheduled to have my hysterectomy on March 20, 2002.
I had a D and C 5 weeks ago with bleeding and pain that wouldn't stop. The doctor said I popped one of the spots that had been cauterized. and was doing better until today. ( My uterus is of course quite large and filled with fibroids. Has this happened to anyone else?) I started bleeding more and expelling clots again, plus the pain started back up.

My second concern is that my husband just doesn't have a grip on what the surgery is really about. He thinks it is going to be like the outpatient D and C and I'll be up and about in no time. I have sat down and tried to explain things to him and other ideas?

Thanks
Lisa Ado
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-01-2002, 10:14 PM

Hi Lisa,

I'm scheduled for a LAVH on March 29th. I'm having my hubby come to my pre-op with my gyn.

When I had my D&C last September, I had my oldest DD come with me to pre-op. It did 2 things. One it introduced her to my GYN and it let her know what to expect of the surgery. She was the one that was driving me and taking care of me the rest of the day. It was a BIG help.

I also suggest to print out some of the pull down menu items. I just kinda left them laying around (hint,hint) The family is reading them. My son, said, "oh, gross" and walked away, but he is now being concerned too.

Now, I'm just in the LIW Worry Club. Cleaning, cleaning, cleaning! With all the cleaning, I've now lost about 5 lbs. YEA!

Good Luck!

~Pam
Unread 03-20-2002, 08:49 AM
Hey Pam,

Hey Pam,
I to an having surgery on March 29...why is it you are having a hysterectomy? When do you go in for your pre-op to the doctors, is your hubby going with you? write back when you can

Christine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2002, 05:57 PM

Hi Christine,

I just came from my pre-op today. Whew! Glad that it's over. I think I was more worried about today. I just hate my blood drawn. My veins go 'hideing'.

I had an EKG, blood drawn, peed in a cup, and now have a breathing device to help train my lungs to breath deep. Something to do about helping me take those deep breaths after surgery. I didn't take anyone with me to pre-op. My hubby works third shift and my appointments were 11:30 and 1:30 so I left him home to sleep. He said he didn't sleep much cause he was worrying about me, aw sweet guy.

My surgery is due to prolapsed uterus and heavy bleeding, clots. yuck!

My hubby is taking me the day of the surgery and my oldest daughter (22) will show up later to keep him company. I have two other children still at home, my mother will make sure they get off to school okay. So, bases are covered, but I'm still worried. I was told it's the 'mother' instinct of needing to be in control.

Went and bought my self some little pretties today to make me feel good while in the hosp. 2 new short nighties and new robe and slippers. New BIG sweat pants for when I get home too

Good Luck to you. Let me know what's goin on with you and your surgery. pre-op, etc.

~Pam
Unread 03-20-2002, 06:17 PM
D&C pre hyster

Hi there Lisa Ado

I also had a D&C before my hyster. It was during my lap to see what was going on in there. My hyster was scheduled 11 days later.

With in these 11 days I bleed almost the entire time. The spotting from the "lap and D&C" stopped and a final bood-bye period started. The period ended on the op table with the riddens of my uterus. Mother nature has a warped sense of humor. Anyway My last period was AWFUL. The blood flow was on and off. It went from very heavy to nothing due to the monster clotts trying to pass. Needless to say this caused intense pain as well. The entire last week before my hyster I was down with a lot of pain and bleeding. The D&C did nothing for me.

I did not have fibriods. I did howver have a bad case of Adenomyosis. My uterus was 4-5 x's larger than normal. a D&C was a ditch effort to give me some releif until my surgery.

I hope your surgery goes well and a smooth recovery. Keep us posted on how your doing.

Michele

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register