Endometrial Biopsies--How accurate? | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Endometrial Biopsies--How accurate? Endometrial Biopsies--How accurate?

Unread 03-01-2002, 09:43 PM
Endometrial Biopsies--How accurate?

Hi,

I called my gyn today to get the results of the horribly painful biopsy I had on Monday. He said they only got a small sample of tissue that looked O.K., but, he said, since he couldn't reach the top of the uterus with the huge fibroid, he can't rule out cancer. Can the biopsy appear normal when there is cancer present? He and my M.D. are going to set up the surgery date soon. He said he will be taking out the ovaries as well. I have been doing well over all of this, but now I am a little frustrated.

Thank you so much to those hystersisters who responded to my first posting. I notice some of you will be going to the castle soon. My er's are with all of you and 's too.

Also, I live alone. My sister will come up from Las Vegas to stay with me about a week. I have a daughter living close by. Should I go stay with her after that? I would be around my 4 little granddaughters. I am not sure how much extra care you need after surgery. My only other major surgery was when I was a young girl and had my gallbladder removed.

Thanks for any help! I am feeling so thankful and so blessed to have found this site. You are all so helpful and reassuring. Thanks!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2002, 07:16 PM
Hi Sharina

I just answered your second post. I see now that you did have a uterine biopsy. Since your dr. is going ahead with the surgery it looks like he has everything under control.

When I was dx'd with ovca my surgery was immediate, no fooling around. So I'm guessing that your surgeon/gyn is looking on the bright side.

Are you using a gyn/oncologist for your surgery? That is the best recommendation I can give you.

Yes, you will need help and not to be alone after your hyster. Even if just for the first week or so that you are home.

Post on the cancer forum - many ladies there who have been in your shoes.

RobinS
Unread 03-03-2002, 07:47 PM
Endometrial Biopsies--How accurate?

Hi Robin,

Thank you so much for your responses. I don't know if my Gyn is an oncologist but I have an oncologist for the breast cancer. I saw her last week and she is all for the hysterectomy, as is my m.d. who will be assisting in the surgery. The gyn thought my insurance was one that needed a two week wait, but since it isn't they may do the surgery soon. All of you have said much to set my mind at ease. Thanks so much. I'll write again after I get the date. From what I see, I probably will be even more nervous then. It is so funny, when they said hysterectomy, I was all for it with absolutely no hesitations. i have felt fine until now. Tomorrow is another day and I am sure I'll be better. Thank you so much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2002, 10:15 AM
endo bio

Hi Sharina,

I send you all my positive thoughts and strength. Give your worry to some other level and keep as many good thoughts as possible. I know this is so hard for all of us. Your fears are normal and justified. Trust your doctor.
I too asked my doctor when I was having the endo biopsy, " how can you tell if I have cancer with just one little tiny sample?"
The answer was, I'm taking multiple samples with this new biopsy from different areas of the uterus. The test took just the same time as past endos..Perhaps your tests also got different sites just not exactly where your doctor wanted. Sounds like your doctor is concerned but not extreme, and that is what we want, right? At age 53 with fast growing fibroids my doctor was worried about me and pushed my testing, it scared me but then I felt comfort in knowing I had a good doctor and I just put it all in her hands.
Having someone there the first week is all important. I would not suggest going to your daughter's however if your four little grandchildren are there. How could you resist hugs,etc and before you know it one of the children will accidently jump in your lap. You will need quiet surrounding to get the proper rest.And the key to a good recovery is not doing too much to soon. Set up other help at home perhaps neighbors..friends..co- workers..church friends..just someone a few times a day to pop in. ASK for help, please.
The girls here have posted so many wonderful suggestions for things that are needed after surgery. Stock up on essentials and some comfort things. Read all the sites that pertain.
Please post after Tuesday's appointment. We'll check here and at the cancer forum for your replys. I hope you can feel our concern and love for you.
Maralyn

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register