Having Hysterectomy At Age 34 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Having Hysterectomy At Age 34 Having Hysterectomy At Age 34

Unread 03-02-2002, 06:44 AM
Having Hysterectomy At Age 34

I AM SCHEDULED TO HAVE SURGERY ONT HE 13TH OF THIS MONTH. I AM SCARED TO DEATH. MY HUSBAND WONT ALK ABOUT IT. THAT IS HOW HE GET WHEN HE IS WORRIED .. IF YOU IGNORE IT IT DOES NOT EXIST. TRIED TALKING TO MOTHER ( WHO HAD A HYSTERECTOMY) SHE ISNT VERY SUPPORTIVE. MY CHILDREN DONT UNDERSTAND.........BUT IM SCARED
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-02-2002, 07:02 AM
You're just down the road...

Altoona?! I'm from DuBois. We're practically neighbors. Okay, it's an hour, but what's an hour?

Good luck to you!

I'm sure things will go fine.

I am going in this Thursday. So far, not a bit nervous. Although I hear this can sneak up on you. I think this site has helped me (so much information) so that I don't worry.

I'm sorry you don't have the support at home.

I hope you find all the support here at hystersisters.

s to you!

---Joanne
Unread 03-02-2002, 07:05 AM

I know how you feel, nobody wants to talk about a hysterectomy, like it is a bad word. This web site really helped me though, I am 31 and had one Dec. 28th, 2001, everything went really good, but I too was scared , find out as much info as you can, knowledge is power!!!!!! GOOD LUCK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-02-2002, 07:14 AM

I am 38 years old. I am scheduled for March 15 for my hysterectomy. This website has helped me to hear both sides of the coin. My family is very supportive. But I am still scared. It's nice to know you are not alon.

Shorty38
Unread 03-02-2002, 07:26 AM

I am 28 and going for my Hysterectomy in April. I thankfully have a lot of support and wish you had the same. Please know that these ladies here are great! I come here all the time and read the posts and stories. Really, you will be just fine. Lots of ers for a smooth surgery and speedy recovery.
Unread 03-02-2002, 09:54 AM

I am 32, and my husband won't talk either. I printed out the FAQs under the pre-op hints article and left it for him to read. In fact, last week I mentioned to DH that I wasn't feeling very supported. He said, "you haven't had the surgery yet."

I also spoke to my mother (who had a hyst 40 years ago) but she's always pretty tight-lipped. (I know, the math doesn't add up - I'm adopted.)

Nothin' like sisterhood - we're all here for you! It's natural to be scared.

Karen
Unread 03-02-2002, 10:05 AM

I am 32 and will have my hystersctomy an March 6th. I am so worried I can't sleep. I am getting about 4 hours of sleep a night. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get some rest before the procedure?

Also, any info on pre-op, and length of stay after laproscopic hysterectomy. I'm nervous as a cat. I'm so glad I found this web site, because now I know I'm not the only person my age (despite what many doctors have told me) that is having to have this done.

Thank you so much. Any reply would be appreciated.
Deborah, you new hyster sister
Unread 03-02-2002, 02:17 PM

Deborah, I wasn't sleeping either...the doc suggested I try Tylenol PM or Simply Sleep (Tylenol PM without the pain reliever), except to take 1/2 the recommended dosage. I've used it 2 nights in a row, and although I'm still not sleeping through the night, it has helped.

Karen
Unread 03-02-2002, 02:26 PM

I understand how you feel too, my family doesn't seem to have a grip. I guess you're not alone. I'm getting alot of good info from this site and I'm going to let my family see some of it. Hope it helps. GOOD LUCK

Lisa Ado
Unread 03-02-2002, 04:29 PM

KLG507, we are surgery sisters! I'm going in on the same day.

I'm sorry your husband isn't able to help more. Maybe you could try telling him you just need him to listen, he doesn't have to fix anything, but you need his strong shoulder to lean on? And that listening by itself really helps? When I remind my husband of that, it helps.

I'm 35 and have been wanting a hyst since I was probably 14 or 15. I'm mostly excited about it -- I've educated myself a lot on this and other websites, and by asking my doc lots of questions -- but I'm scared too. Not sleeping that well.

My suggestion for better sleeping is to get really into breathing and calming exercises, even if they don't feel like they're doing any good. Also try burning off that nervous energy with walking or other exercise. And keep a journal -- it's like having a friend you can say anything to, talk about your fears and hopes and dreams and nightmares. Helps me a lot.

Good luck preparing, and good luck with the surgery and recovery! And wish me luck too. I just wish I could calm down enough to sleep!

Melissa

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register