Having Hysterectomy At Age 34 - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Having Hysterectomy At Age 34 Having Hysterectomy At Age 34

Unread 03-02-2002, 06:00 PM
Having Hysterectomy At Age 34

I can relate to the non supportive husband....mine tries, but not too good at it! This is his second marriage and his first wife had severe endometriosis and had a hyst when she was 25...Along with that she had many physical & mental problems, so sometimes I feel like he doesn't want to deal with it again. I am sure he doesn't feel that way, but I do. I do not have a surgery date yet, not even sure if they will give me one...I have an appointment on April 2nd..I have adenomyosis and have tried b/c pills and 6 months of lupron with no success...I have found more support and information on this site than I ever dreamed possible...hope you can too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-02-2002, 06:53 PM
((((((( KLG507 )))))))))))

Hi there KLG507

I'm sorry you are going threw so much at a time like this. As if having major surgery (this kind even more) is not enough). I am just a year older than you.

Your kids may not understand because they can not grasp the situation. Kids see things differently in life. As for your DH I am not sure what to even say about that. Even if he doesn't understand it all I would hope he can at least understand your feelings. Maybe try explaining to him how your feeling. Tell him you understand he can not see things from your prespective but you need him to be there for you emotionally. Even if he has no clue about the womens physci or physical self, he can give you the TLC you need to get threw this.

I wish you the best in with your surgery and hope your DH comes around. He may just need a little time and a nudge to be where you need him

Come to the HS chat room. You will find an overflow of support and hugs in there. Women helping women. It can bring a laugh to your heart and a smile on your face to

Take care and be well
Unread 03-02-2002, 07:08 PM
Hi Ladies

Hi KLG507 & Ladies:

Welcome to Hystersisters - please take full advantage of the wonderful info and support that's available here. There is nothing more scary than facing a major, life changing experience like this surgery. The ladies here will answer all your questions, and are great for hugs even when they don't have an answer for your situation.

I'm 35 and had a TAH/BSO just over 4 weeks ago - I had lots of support from my parents and friends, but my DH just didn't know what to ask or do - I believe that the problem was that he just wasn't sure what questions to ask! I bought the Hystersisters book and marked a few pages for him to browse at his convenience. He did, a few days later, and seemed much more comfortable with things....proud to call me his "punctured princess" when I came out of surgery. He was also shocked to see how weak and relatively helpless I was the first couple of weeks post op - he hd no idea how hard it would be on his normally tough wife. I was very also forthright about what was going on with my 11y/o DD, so that helped too.

It really is true - though it won't make things better for you now - the waiting is the worst part!!!!
Best to you all,
Janet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-02-2002, 07:16 PM
upcoming surg

I am 25 having my TVH on Wed. My DH is in denial about the whole thing. I tried to explain to him but he doesn't understand. I tried using the how do you think you would feel if they took out your prostate. He didn't even dignify that comment. Thanks to everyone for all of the support
Unread 03-03-2002, 07:04 AM

hi
i am 33 and had a P.A.H. on 18th feb,my DH has not been my best support either.We have 3 young boys 8 5 and 3 and i think he feels looking after them is enough.He had a chest infection prior to my op. and i was forgotten i had no emiotional support at all.I fell out with my mum in july 2001,she had a hyst about 17 years ago,so she was no help,without this website i would have been lost.But you and i both found this site,so use it my DH has not been there for me today so i escape onto this site it really has helped me,i hope it can help you too.
I know the wait is hard,but time does flie past i cannot believe i am 12 days post-op,i feel well just a bit unable at times.
feel free to e-mail me if you like
thinking of you
debbiexxxxxxxx
i was told think of yourself first,this has helped me whenDH is upsetting me.
Unread 03-03-2002, 09:21 AM
hysterectomy Age 31

I understand the fear and sleeplessness that goes with all of this, I go in Thurs. March 7. TVH. I am 31, stage 1a cervical cancer.
How could this be? No HPV, happily married to high school sweetie, no history of abnormal paps. The hubby is being wonderful, four kids 14, 10, 6, and 3 are also great, but no one can possibly, (except you wonderful ladies), really help with the fears we're all facing.
Be very careful when reading medical web sites concerning cervical cancer. They upset me a lot, and made it seem like I was some ***** who brought this on myself. Until I found this site I was a terrible wreck.
Doc has planned spinal for AFTER surgery for pain control, from talking to people this seems common in my area, (southeastern WI). Has anyone else had this. Had C-section with spinal, but don't think I should need one after hyst.
THANK YOU ALL, I have been saved many unanswered questions, and received much support knowing you are all out there. I hope you all understand what a God Send you all are. God Bless all on their upcoming surgeries, my thoughts and prayers are with you.
Unread 03-03-2002, 12:10 PM

(((((((((hugs))))))))

I'm 33 and having a LAVH on 3/7. Dh is pretty supportive, but I'm sick to death of the entire "hush-hush" treatment of a hysterectomy. I've told everyone who has asked that I'm having one and I am making a point of NOT being secretive!!

Unread 03-03-2002, 12:25 PM
NOT A SECRET

I am finding the same thing, it's so personal everyone seems to do the "hush hush", especially because it's cancer for me, cancer and hysterectomy, geez, sew my mouth shut! But like I said it does kind of bug me, because anyone who does research on the web about cervical cancer finds the risk factors of, HPV, many sexual partners, early first sexual experiences, then I actually found one site that stated "prositutes get cervical cancer far more than nuns!" For crying out loud, you're comparing me to a *****! But, I was diagnosed 2-12-02 and have had some time to think and I never much gave a rip what anyone thought of me anyways, so I just tell it like it is. I have stage 1a cervical cancer, it is invasive, and I'm scheduled for a total hysterectomy 3-7-02.
Thanks for everyones support, I'll be watching the site and checking back when I return from my "vacation to the castle"!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register