what is lavh????? | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

what is lavh????? what is lavh?????

Unread 03-02-2002, 11:11 AM
what is lavh?????

What is lavh?? Is that a less evasive surgery procedure??? If so....I can I find a doctor who does that...instead of a doctor so ready to rip my stomach open...which I dont want.Does the fibroids and uterus need to be small...if so cant lupron to the trick???? Helen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-02-2002, 12:06 PM
LAVH

Hi Coffeegirl4,
LAVH is Laparoscopically Assisted Vaginal Hysterectomy (hope I spelled all that right!). It is less invasive than abdominal hysterectomy since the surgeon uses a few small incisions in the abdomen and belly-button to manipulate a scope, light, and surgical tools to detatch the uterus and remove it vaginally.
Although I have fibroids and an enlarged uterus my surgeon says this should be no problem--my guess is that it would depend on just how big.
I believe TVH (total vaginal hyst.) is least invasive but LAVH is better for treating endo., adhesions or other doing other repairs besides the hysterectomy.
You should seek a gynocologist specializing in laparoscopic surgery.
Unread 03-02-2002, 12:38 PM
what is lavh?????

I had my LAVH-BSO (lap assisted vaginal hyst and both tubes and ovaries out) on Wednesday - it's now Saturday, and I'm feeling really good. If it turns out to be suitable for you, I can add my "two cents" that at least for me, and at least so far, it's been great - I'm pretty mobile and the big challenge is to remember to rest. Take care!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register