pre-op | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-02-2002, 03:03 PM
pre-op

Hi
It is two and 1/2 weeks before the day. Im going to have TAH bso and bladder repair- a burch and also fix some adhessions. I'm read all I can but I am needed some information about the bladder repair and TAh how long do you feel better (not taking pain medication) post op. And I will possible going home with asuperpubic cath. I am nervous. Also the homones made me a emonital reck and I am off now and I still get upset easy and I will have to go back on some type post op. I know I have alot of question in a way I wish it was today the surg and then it will over. I hwill take any support anyone can gave.
Thank malia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-02-2002, 05:23 PM
pre-op

Malia,
Hi there! So glad you found us

I had a TAH/BSO about three months ago and I am feeling so good now! For me, the first two weeks were the toughest. I took pain meds (percocet) consistently for the first week, then only at night for the second week. But everyone is a little different when it comes to pain. The extent of your surgery has a lot to do with this. I did not have any bladder repair and did not go home with a catheter, so I can't answer those questions. Hopefully someone else will be along who can share their experiences with bladder surgery.

As for the hormones, your experiences may be very different on HRT after your ovaries are removed. If you have specific hormone questions, you might try posting on the Hormone Jungle message board. The ladies there are very experienced with hormone issues and may be able to help you.

I think all of us were extremely nervous before surgery, so you are not alone in this. The waiting is awful, we all start to have second thoughts and worry about every last detail. I'm sending big hugs and prayers your way, Malia!

Beth
Unread 03-02-2002, 05:48 PM
pre-op

Malia,
My little sister (37yo) had similiar surgery with bladder suspension and some plastic surgery to repair serious tears during childbirth (16 years ago, childbirth that is, surgery last summer). She came home with a supra-pubic and after a few days it was removed with no problems. She did have a day or too of the blues, I'm certain it was partly hormonal and partly grief for losing her uterus. I'm sure most women go through some sort of grief relief! Hope all goes well. Everyone I have ever spoken with says after recovery you feel it was the best thing you have ever done. Don't let a litle bit of tubing get you down! I'm booked for April 8th and actually relieved that I am no longer delaying the inevitable.
donnas902

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register