surgery on April 8, some questions for you | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

surgery on April 8, some questions for you surgery on April 8, some questions for you

Unread 03-02-2002, 05:36 PM
surgery on April 8, some questions for you

I am having an abdominal hyst, may have laparoscopy with vaginal hyst but not likely due to large fibroids! I scheduled my surgery last Thursday and proceeded to hemmorhage non stop since (just to keep me from changing my mind, thank oh Divine one, I get the message loud and clear!). I need to hear from those who enjoy an active sex life as I do enjoy a nice orgasm now and then (although lately i don't miss being active). I have heard that this may improve my love life, what have you honestly found? I also want to know what kind of undies to plan on wearing right after surgery, bikini or grammy panties from waist to thigh? I can't wait to buy some new Victoria Secrets undies when this is all done. I can't wait to go on vacation without a suitcase full of "equipment" too! Looking forward to returning from the castle and ending a lifetime of heavy anemia inducing periods!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-02-2002, 05:44 PM

Hi Donna!

First I would like to wish you well as you approach your surgery date!

Second, I have read many posts of gals who have varied experience with sex after surgery; I think it's a relative issue and chances are, once you have waited at least the length of time your DR instructs you to wait before sex, you may find it to be as wonderful or even more wonderful as before.

Third, I wore cotton panties, french hi-cut briefs. They worked really well as the waistband was not touching the incision anywhere. I recommend them highly. But it's really depending on what you find comfortable, as comfort is #1 priority for you at this time above all else. At times, once I was home, I went without panties, as a matter of comfort.

Best wishes to you, sweetie! Be sure and keep us posted as your journey progresses.

(((((((HUGS)))))))
Unread 03-02-2002, 07:26 PM
Welcome :)

Hi there Donna

You have come to a great place for your questions. This is a wonderful site and even more awesome then the site are the women here.

Panties. I see this question a lot. I also wear the french hi cut bikini briefs. They are high in the waste and very comfy. If you have a bikini cut (horizontal) then these panties work great. I did not up a size or anything like that. My normal size was fine postop.

Sex Well I can only speak for myself. I have read so many post on this topic. My sex life was great when i wasn't bleeding and in pain. My sex life post hyster is great now. It may be a little bit different and i can not pin point it. However it is VERY enjoyable. No bleeding forever or doubled over cramping to stop me now either I do still have both ovaries. I have heard many women taking HRT are just as satisfied in the "sex life dept" The big "O" is not a problem either is lubrication. "It's all good" as they say

I hope this helps you take care and be well and best of luck to you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2002, 09:18 PM

I actually went out and bought some control top panties because I felt more held together after the staples were removed!

As for sex, if you have strong uterine contractions when you orgasm, you will notice a difference. My Dr. says that 80% of women don't complain though.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register