30 Years old - having oophorectomy | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

30 Years old - having oophorectomy 30 Years old - having oophorectomy

Unread 03-02-2002, 10:54 PM
30 Years old - having oophorectomy

As I was searching the internet for some sort of information that will make me feel better about my recent health discovery, I found Hyster Sisters. I am in need of some support. I am searching for someone who is around my age (30) and has had her ovaries removed. After my second child, I had a hysterectomy, but now I have to have my ovaries removed because of cysts and endometriosis. I am scared to death of having to take hormones for the rest of my life. If anyone has some type of information about how bad this surgery is, or that it isn't that bad... please let me know. I am having my surgery in a week. I will know the date after I see my doctor on Monday, March 4. I know it will be the following week, during Spring Break. I am hoping to recover quickly, but I won't know for sure until after surgery if the doctor was able to remove them with a laparascope or if he had to cut me. I would appreciate any responses you may have. Thanks! Keep me in your prayers!

TVH and rectocele replacement - June 2000
Endometriosis since I was 18 Years Old (3 laparoscopic surgeries)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2002, 04:20 AM

Hi Susan!

Welcome to Hystersisters!

We are glad you're here! I am not your age, and I did have TAH (total abdominal hysterectomy) and BSO (both ovaries removed) all at once. But I did want to welcome you to the site, and let you know that we are here for support and will be here for you throughout your journey.

Sounds like you have some great questions for your DR on Monday.

Find out what her/his plans are for your estrogen replacement, if anything, at first. Try not to worry about this; many women have no problem whatsoever with it.

Take care, sweetie - let us know how things progress for you!

((((((HUGS))))))
Unread 03-03-2002, 06:38 AM

I was 27 when I had my ovaries out. I'm 29 now and having a hysterectomy. All due to endometriosis.

Feel free to email or ask any questions - I'll answer as much as I can.

Crystal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2002, 11:51 AM

Dec 2001 had Oopherectomy (right) at the age of 28. Going in for Hysterectomy and other ovary out on April 23rd (still 28) due to microscopic endometriosis. Getting one ovary out was so easy.. my recovery was about a week. This however, will be something I am still leary about.. but know it will all turn out just fine. I wish you all the best. Lots of ers and tons of 's for you!
Unread 03-03-2002, 03:28 PM

Hi Susan

Welcome, you have come to the right place for support! I am 28 and had a TAH 9 weeks ago. I did keep one of my ovaries. My doc said if it was possible he would leave one because of my age. I am just waiting for it to start working. I was worried about HRT as well not knowing what I would wake up with. Most women have no problems with it at all so try not to worry about it. Good luck with the surgery we will be thinking of you. Please let us know how you are doing. Hugs and blessings!!!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register