HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Severe vaginal pain 6 weeks post op, bladder pain Severe vaginal pain 6 weeks post op, bladder pain

Unread 06-22-2013, 06:36 AM
Severe vaginal pain 6 weeks post op, bladder pain

I just saw my doctor yesterday for my 6 week appointment and nearly hit the roof when she inserted the speculum and touched an area where my bladder is. I am being sent for a CAT scan to find out what is going on. I don't have any signs of infection except the feeling like my vagina is going to fall out (no prolapse) as soon as I finish urinating. At time throughout the day I feel like someone is pulling my vagina out with nails and before I have a bowel movement. I'm starting to get more sensitive to the touch on my stomach.
I'm cleared for all activities because my doctor says I'm healed and is perplexed as to why I'm in pain. Has anyone else had this issue or something similar? I'm so confused and frustrated as to why I'm not feeling so much better.
Unread 06-22-2013, 07:31 AM
Re: Severe vaginal pain 6 weeks post op, bladder pain

Sorry to hear you're so uncomfortable. Hope the CAT scan can shed some light on this issue. Good luck!
Unread 06-22-2013, 09:21 AM

Please keep us posted on what the CAT scan shows. I am having a similar problem that has just popped up since a recent sexscapade with the hubby. Sex felt like a stabbing pain in my cuff and my bladder, and since then (this was last Wednesday) I've had pain in my lower abdomen. During sex it felt like my vagina was going to turn inside out! I'm seven months post-op and this is scaring me!
Unread 06-22-2013, 09:29 AM

Please let us know what you find out. I'm having similar sensations 5 weeks out of feeling like my vagina is falling out - really uncomfortable - and some pain at the end of urination. Pain at the opening of the vagina but no deeper pain. I'll be calling my Dr. for an appointment on Monday and I haven't had a postop exam yet.
Unread 06-22-2013, 10:00 AM

Is everyone else having severe pain after emptying your bladder? Its not in my urethra like a uti, its internal. After my doctor examined me internally and found my area of pain (said it was my bladder) I started spoting a bit and have had crazy pain there.
Unread 10-13-2013, 10:39 PM

I just posted that I was having the same pain. Ever since surgery I have pain urinating. Tested for UTI at my 4 week post op. Came back negative. I am 6 weeks out now & I am still in a lot of pain. I may call my doc tomorrow. Please keep us posted too. Curious what you find out. Good luck!
Unread 10-14-2013, 01:47 PM

I had my hysterectomy in May and am back to normal. My pain was attributed to doing WAY too much and causing a lot of swelling and pulling. My suggestion is to honestly take it easy and follow doctor's orders regardless of your age or physical condition...this is major surgery. Easier said than done, but necessary. This is your time, remember that each time you reach for something or try to do an activity that will cause strain on your body. Good luck and I hope you feel better.
Unread 10-16-2013, 08:17 AM

I was 6 weeks out yesterday. I am having the exact same symptoms. I read your post to my husband. He said is that you. I said no, actually someone with the exact same symptoms.
I didn't have a 6 week post op I had a 4 week & was released then. They had checked me prior for a UTI. Was placed on antibiotics. My test came back negative. When she did a pelvic I was in extreme pain. All she said "oh that's why your hurting" nothing else.
I am also having pain under my sternum. Are you having that too?
I just sent them a message. I will let you know what happens. Hope your CT showed why you are in pain.
Unread 10-16-2013, 08:22 AM

Glad your feeling better
Unread 10-16-2013, 06:58 PM

I have it too. I am 6 weeks on Fri.I am seeing a urologist on Friday at the suggestion of my surgeon. I have cuff cellulitis which I think is caused because my body doesn't like vicryl. So until my stitches completely dissolve inside, I think I am going to have it. My theory is that the cellulitis is causing irritation to my bladder. I wil let you all know what the urologist says.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.