I'm second week POST-op!!!! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm second week POST-op!!!! I'm second week POST-op!!!!

Unread 03-03-2002, 10:32 AM
I'm second week POST-op!!!!

Hi all you swwet gals,

Sorry, I couldn't get back.
I had my surgery Feb. 19th, and thanks to sooooo many prayers I had, and all of yours(I'm so grateful), i had the most PLEASANT experience!

Thank God, Anesthesia sedateded me before inserting an epidural, and I never even knew I had the epidural!!
The next thing I knew, the Recovery room nurse was waking me telling me it was all over!
I didn't even experience the Recovery room (so glad), and I woke in my hospital room, feeling fine, and it was all over!!!!!

I was up walking the halls, and was home in 2and 1/2 days!

I have not had any negative experiences, pain only at times, but have NOT experienced the horror stories you read about. I'm so grateful to Goad and to all of you for the prayers.

*****TO THE PRE-OP GALS IN WAITING:

Don't put yourself through the agony of listening to horror stories, go to your surgery with a positive attitude, and DO experience your OWN surgery!
You'd be surprised at what a pleasant experience you CAN have!

To the gals who gave me encouragement: Thank you so much, and you were correct: The anxiety beforehand was the WORST!

God bless and be with you all,
ANGELITE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2002, 10:51 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you.

You just made my day. It's nice to hear the positive experiences. I had an awful tough night last night. No matter how hard I tried to change the subject, my mother-in-law insisted on telling me how much pain, agony, and weakness I would have, and she heard it was soooo much worse than a C-sect (I've had one of those - she hasn't). Personally, I can't wait until it's over.

Scheduled April 8. This board is helping me more than anything or anybody I've found so far.
Unread 03-03-2002, 11:13 AM

Boy, thats a great stiry and a great attitude. All the horror storys about how helpless we'll be when we get home are not helpful. Continue to do well. Get up and move around slowly but DON"T
lift, bend, reach. If it hurts don't do it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2002, 11:16 AM

Welcome home Angelite!

I'm so happy for you that all went so well!!! Yes, all you LIWs, she's right. The waiting is the hardest part and don't let any horror stories worry you. Sometimes people tend to remember things better or worse than they actually were. So, when someone tells you how horrible it was years ago, please just remind yourself of that. Even though some do have bad experiences, keep in mind that this doesn't happen to most. Lots of times the reason for the hyst was worse than the "bad experiences" we've had during the surgery or recovery.
Unread 03-03-2002, 12:05 PM

Thank you so much for posting this! It really helps. Maybe I can stop chewing my fingernails now.

I'm glad you had such a good experience. May your recovery be even better!

Melissa
Unread 03-03-2002, 01:41 PM

I also had a very pleasant experience. I had my Surgery TAH/BSO on THursday 2/28 and came home Saturday afternoon around 1.
Yes the wait is the hardest part. I one point my mom wanted to know if this web site was good for me, But I found humor in some on the post when she looked at the dark side of it.

I arrived for surgery at 9:30 and was in the or by 10:30 and in my room by 2. Surgery itself was about 1.5 hours. Since every time the doctor came to see me (three different times) I had hit the morphine pump about 15 minutes before he came, so I do remembering asking him questions, but done know the answers other then It Was AN UGLY MESS INSIDE OF ME. So much for medical terms. The Nursing staff at Beebe was wonderful. The Food, well what can you say about full liquid diets!!!.

Since I have been home, I rest, Drink water and juice, Pass gas (Not to bad) Walk (I think they want you to drink the water so you can walk to the bathroom). I took a shower today and washed my hair--that felt good.

SO I had a very positive experience. Try and take your mind off the wait and go in with a positive attitude and everything will go well...GOOD LUCK.

Nancy
Unread 03-03-2002, 01:57 PM

Wow! What an inspiration to us LIW So happy to hear such a good report and so happy for you. There is power in love and prayer and a good attitude Best wishes as you continue to recover and feel great!
Unread 03-03-2002, 02:40 PM

Thank you for your encouraging words dear princesses from another lady in waiting. I will visit the castle on March 11. I am dating a man who is coming over..in a snow storm..40 miles away..because I am weepy and anxious. Its just not like me

Waiting is difficult. I just want to get this behind me.
Unread 03-03-2002, 04:12 PM
Another Easy Time

Hi LIW's,
Just wanted to say I too had a really easy time. Very little discomfort. No pain med's after3-4 days. Very little bleeding.
I was up and walking the next morning. Yes, it takes a little determination. But after that it gets easier and easier and you get so much stronger each time.
I took extra Vitamin C pre-op which I also really think helped with the rapid healing.
I feel like me and actually have some energy atleast in the mornings. Been walking outside the past two days.
The waiting is the worst. Our imaginations paint a much worse picture than what you will go through.
Do lot's of positive affirmations and guided imagery. See your self going through it easily, effortless and pain free. See your self having a remarkable recovery. It will be so.
Don't forget to pray.

Shelley
Unread 03-03-2002, 06:33 PM

SeaShelly, its so nice to see a positive report, its nice to see you are letting yoursel be a " victim" I think you will have a speedy recovery with your positve attitude!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register