I'm second week POST-op!!!! - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm second week POST-op!!!! I'm second week POST-op!!!!

Unread 03-03-2002, 06:45 PM
Thanks, Sister!

I cannot tell you how happy I am for you and to hear your report on things to being that bad. I have heard a variety of stories from women, but most of them said "You will feel so much better after your recovery". I even had one lady tell me she was jealous because she was so tired of having periods! Take care of yourself and I wish you a speedy recovery.
LIW,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2002, 07:05 PM
good to hear good news

My surgery is March 11 - so I am relieved to read all these positive posts today. I am starting to get nervous about my TAH/BSO. My pre-op appt. is tomorrow. I really can't wait for my surgery to be over! Good to hear that some of you all are doing so well so soon after your procedures!!!!
Unread 03-03-2002, 07:11 PM
I'm second week POST-op!!!!

Hi all, my hubby used to question me checking this site all of the time before my hyst too. He thought it was scaring me, which alot of it did, but I felt so much more prepared for it when the time came. I too thought that after surgery it would be very hard for quite a long time, but other than the first few days, it was no worse than what I had experienced with all of the problems from pre-hyst. Had surgery on Friday, came home Sunday, and starting Tuesday I was going out for a little while everyday. I am 6 weeks post op now and I still get tired, but there is nothing really painful. I think it helps to know beforehand that not everyone has a really hard time, to be as educated as possible and to know that not everyone is down for 6 weeks. I think I was just so relieved to finally have it over with, that once it was done my mind was so much more at ease. We have a tendency to let our minds go in to overdrive, don't we ladies!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2002, 07:20 PM
2nd week postop

I too had my surgery on 2/19...And the waiting really is the wrost part There is not a whole lot of pain I had mine at noon on Tuesday and was home by six on Wednesday..due to me asking to come home cuz I knew I'd sleep better in my own bed. I only bled the next day..Only on Ibuprophen for pain..And my gas only lasted the first two days and I walked trust me to get it out I drink alot of cranberry juice and eat healthy meals I do keep my feet up alot and I do get tired easily but not even takes actual sleep to get me feeling better just laying down resting. My hubby won't let me do a thing until I go in March 13th for my post op appt..lol so I am getting pampered I have had some crying spells ..I did keep both of my ovaries. The pain right after surgery wasn't even bad. to me not as bad as giving birth was. I had the morphine pump until 7 the next morning when I asked her tos top it and I did have toridol I take stool softeners to keep my soft I went pee ten minutes after taking the cath out and it didn't hurt. And my bm's are not bad. The worst part of the surgery to me is being confined..lol..thought I'd love just being waited on and taken care of NOT..I am bored..and i did get hemorrhoids, but was able to get them taken care fo with meds and am fine now..so the worst part is the worrying and waiting but it is not that bad of a surgery I had TVH...and to be ** nest my vaginal area doesn't even hurt like when I had my kids..I do get some pains now and then in the tummy, but I think that is cuz I am healing and Hey my swelly belly is even going down Altho I tried on a pair of jeans today and they are still not fitting right..So to all of the LIW..hang in there it aint that bad
Unread 03-03-2002, 07:31 PM
I'm second week POST-op!!!!

Wow, a list of positive reports -- I can't tell you how this has lifted my spirits and eased my shoulders!

I will start visualizing a pleasant, comfortable, and speedy surgery and recovery. I have every reason to expect it.

Thanks, princesses! Your LIW friend,

Melissa
Unread 03-04-2002, 09:14 AM
Thanks!!!

Everyone's positive spin has me a tad less concerned. I am visiting the castle this Thursday, March 7th. The coundown has begun! But I feel better reading all of the messages in this thread

's to all the sisters!!
Bev

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register