ljblank alive and well,(still not counting) thanks to my Hyster Sister support | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

ljblank alive and well,(still not counting) thanks to my Hyster Sister support ljblank alive and well,(still not counting) thanks to my Hyster Sister support

Unread 03-03-2002, 11:14 AM
ljblank alive and well,(still not counting) thanks to my Hyster Sister support

I go in Wed - g-d knows what time - pre-op went well (except I slept through the alarm and was 2 hours late) thank g-d I worked there and was nice to everyone - they saw me almost immediately - got blood on the first stick and the EKG said I was alive - I have been doing all of the right things, for 2 weeks now – getting ready, packing my “castle box”, making lists, cleaning---plus working and being ill –this am I finally feel like I will be ok to have surgery(sinus infection finally responding to medication (new allergist here I come in about 9 weeks!) - and yes I am taking it easier - still need to work up until the last minute Tues (had planned to take Mon and Tues as comp time b/c of all the unpaid overtime I have put in the last 8 weeks) but like my garbage disposal breaking today, and my electric garage door 3 weeks ago – this is my life --- - I have done family leave for 6 weeks, but intend to take 8 if I need to - Fitchburg is almost a 2 hour drive away and I drive a stick...am thinking of maybe working one week here, and one week there when I return - I think it would cut down on the stress of traveling and would give me the opportunity to follow up on things with patients and the community - i.e. insurance, resources, etc. we’ll just have to see, but that is my latest brainstorm – from my 2am bathroom trip ---still not counting the days, but will sleep home tonight, in Fitchburg tomorrow, and probably not at all on Tues (but will be in my own home) –the pillow police will be so proud of me - I cancelled the hotel for tonight, and called the Fitchburg dialysis unit yesterday and said I would be in Monday at 11am(rather than my usual ? 8:30am) and I do not intend to put in a 12 hour day like I usually do---(best laid plans) - I will drive up like a lady at 8am Monday , after stopping at the post office to mail out all of my long overdue gifts to family and friends – my friend Steve says he will take the 8 boxes of wrapping stuff back down to the cellar for me once we get home (it takes up my whole card table) ---I will probably be there at 10:30am, but this gives me lee way, and credence with the new boss – i.e. not being late the day I meet her --she started last Monday, and I asked that the note about my arrival be taped to her office door - that's the best I can do - I will come back slowly i.e. sleep in Tues am - but have to go to the VNA for about an hour, and then to my Middletown unit to take care of what I can't finish today - I am going in at 5pm for a few hours - still doing my house right now and feeling too good/relaxed to go to work (no one is there on Sundays -the units are only open 6 days a week...and I worked yesterday from 5-10:30 PM – again someone was watching over me, b/c the unit closes at 4:30 – everyone is gone – and of course my main door key was no where to be found---thank g-d, Chris (who was working his last day, and waiting for a machine to clear) was in, and I used my cell phone (lost for 2 days in the glove compartment of my car!) to call and say, please let me in --whew- it’s probably hard to believe that I am in better shape, but I really am – hope to get home in time to log in tonight- have no computer in Fitchburg…if I don’t get back here before the 6th – just know that I am sending prayers and good thoughts to each and everyone of you, Hystersisters is a powerful tool – thank you Kathy - I am so grateful to have found the support, information and understanding offered here – will probably be a lifer – telling stories to new LIW about how much time and energy I wasted on being anxious, and how much easier everything was – sending you all - Love, Luck and Laughter---
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2002, 11:21 AM

(((((Lynda))))))

I'm so glad for you that your waiting is about over and you will soon become a !

I'll be thinking about you and hope that you have an uneventful castle stay and speedy recovery. Please let us know how you're doing as soon as you feel up to it.

Pam
Unread 03-03-2002, 05:43 PM

Oh I am so glad to hear that everything is coming together for you. When I read about your sinus infection I had flashbacks to my URI 9 days before my surgery. Good luck and let us know when you're home from the castle. Looks like this is going to be your vacation for the year. You are one much too busy woman. s!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register