Oh Brother.... | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Oh Brother.... Oh Brother....

Unread 03-03-2002, 12:06 PM
Oh Brother....

I am having a hysterectomy on 4-23-02 and have a couple questions. I know these questions were probably already answered, but thought I would ask anyways. Besides, I am on Percocet for knee pain (thanks Lupron) haha and I don't think I will be able to use the search box

I do not know what type of Hysterectomy I will be having for sure, but mentioned taking my one remaining ovary as well as uterus. Anyways, what if she wants to take the cervix too? Wouldn't that possibly create problems for me later (such prolapse)? Also, doesn't the cervix help with lubrication? I mean, if she HAS to take the cervix for some GOOD reason, I will let her. I trust her with my health and my life. Oh.. how is sex after recovery? Does it feel like an "empty space"?

I am a tad nervous, only cause I don't know for sure what to expect. I am glad the Lupron is working for my microscopic endo and wish I could stay on it forever, but can't. TIA for any replies!

's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2002, 12:40 PM
Oh Brother....

I am going to respond to your questions with what my experience has been.

I had a TAH/BSO on 9-27-00, and am on .625 Premarin HRT. Sex feels for me exactly as it did before the surgery - probably better because I am not dealing with all of the pain, bleeding, bloating etc. For me, there was no question about keeping my cervix for 2 reasons - I had several abnormal pap smears in the years before my surgery, and I was schduled for a LAVH/BSO (converted to TAH/BSO because of large size of uterus). I have had no problems with vaginal lubrication either - guess HRT is working well.

Best of luck to you. This is a great place to ask any questions that may come up in the days before your surgery.
Unread 03-03-2002, 01:27 PM
Jsturn

Thanks for the reply. I have prepared myself a list of questions to ask the doc when I see her, as well as prepped my hospital packing list. (Kind of way in advance, but better to be prepared). I will know more when I talk to her. Of course, I will not resume sexual activity until realeased by doc, but was just wanting to know if there was any noticeable difference. Thanks

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register