LAVH on FEB21 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

LAVH on FEB21 LAVH on FEB21

Unread 03-03-2002, 12:33 PM
LAVH on FEB21

On Feb. 10th I started hurting in my lower abdominal area and I went to my dr. on Feb.11. He said my uterus had dropped and was sitting on my bladder. Since I have 2 boys and me and my dh did not want any more kids he said the only thing he could do was a LAVH (hysterectomy). My dh had told me about a week before I stared hurting that when we made love it didnt feel right. So we decided to do it asap. On Feb.21 I went in for surgery, I was scared and ready to get it over with. While in surgery my dr puntured my bladder leaving me to carry my cather home with me for a week. I removed it Friday Mar. 1st. I can honestly say since the cather is out I feel better, but I get tired very easy. One problem I had the 1st couple of days was gas pains. I suggest to anyone having LAVH is to take with you to the hospital is gasx or something to help you relieve yourself. They gave me these in the hospital and on my bill I just received they charged me $18.00 for 3 pills! Just a helpful hint but make sure its alright to take them before you do. Again I feel good but I still rest alot. My dh and dm have helped me alot, good luck to all Sharon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2002, 05:14 PM
LAVH on FEB21

Sharon, here's big s! I'm sorry you had a tough time of it. Getting rid of that catheter is a great relief though isn't it? You're going to be tired for quite some time. I'm 7 weeks (and I thew in a bout of Pleurisy @ wk. 4) - and I still get tired. I know it's frustrating but I guess we get one shot to take care of ourselves and this is it! Please rest and walk; walking helps with the gas too but thank heaven for the anti-gas meds.

Best of luck to you. This is a wonderful place to while away the hours.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register