HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Separate Surgeries

Notices

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Ovary, tube removal recovery Ovary, tube removal recovery

Unread 06-29-2013, 01:45 PM
Ovary, tube removal recovery

Hello there! I'm new to this site, and am glad to have found it and hope that someone can help me feel like I'm not alone! I am a little over 5 wks post op, having had my right ovary and both tubes, along with my appendix removed due to endometriosis. I also had a cyst on my remaining ovary drained at the same time, a lot of scar tissue removed, and ablation. I still feel really bad. Not at my incisions, not where my organs used to be, but kind of just overall. I have no energy, not sleeping well, feel queasy a lot. Some days I feel almost like normal, and other days I just want to lay on the couch all day. I am really frustrated because the surgeons told me I should feel back to my old self in about 4 weeks, but I just don't. Not even close. Has anyone else had experience with anything like this? I just really want to enjoy my summer and my family, but this is making it impossible. So frustrated and aggravated!!!
Unread 06-29-2013, 03:59 PM
Re: Ovary, tube removal recovery

Hi trace01 and welcome! Doctors can give us time frames, but they can't really say for sure. Each person is different and heals differently. Surgery is exhausting. I know that you want to be all good right now, but hang in there. You will get your energy back. The process is slow sometimes, but you will get there

Lots of ((HUGS)) to you
Unread 06-29-2013, 05:26 PM

wandatd, thanks! It just feels like a roller coaster. I don't talk to my family about it because some feel like I should be all better, (men), while others would worry and be calling me multiple times a day checking on me, while I just don't want to keep talking about it. So I usually suck it up and act fine until I can get a moment alone then I crash. So having this forum is nice. I can feel less "alone" knowing you guys have had similar experiences. I know that my left ovary is sketchy but for now I have it. I just keep telling myself it will get better in time and trying to believe it. Thanks again for your good wishes and support!
Unread 06-29-2013, 05:39 PM

You are very welcome sweetie. And in time it Will get better. Don't worry about where others think you need to be in recovery. You will absolutely get to where you need to be, when you need to get there
Unread 07-06-2013, 03:13 AM

hi trace01..hope you feel better soon, i know exactly what you mean, i too had my last left ovary ,tube,a cyst removed and a suspicious mass that turned out to be scar tissue and an enlarged node ,had resp complications while "under"...the drs give us a timeframe which sounds good but not logical to me...less blood not as painfull as it could be(laproscopic)but its a big shock to our bodies cutting n digging around takes a real toll!..i had surgery june 4 ,2013 and just about 3days ago i started to feel kinda decent not as much pain but yes i too feel overall lousy at times and "off"..where as im not on any hormones yet,i changed my appt for this monday i need something!!.i have a lil energy one day n the next im drained out,not a good feeling so you are definately not alone, speak to your dr!!..im gonna read up much as possible for extra info and help!!.go slow and pay attention to everything your body does and react to now....are you flashing also???i had little small no biggy flashes when i had the partial AH..in 2010..so with one ovary you should be good after you recover but it is a long day to day process......hugs

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.