New to site and going in for TAH March 5 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New to site and going in for TAH March 5 New to site and going in for TAH March 5

Unread 03-03-2002, 06:24 PM
New to site and going in for TAH March 5

I have been so busy since I found the website. I can't believe my surgery is this Tuesday. I love the book. Made up a shopping list from the helpful hints that made my husband look at me funny! Love the mug, crown and great night shirt. I will look ravishing in it at the hospital. Will insist I get to wear it at least once after before I am released. Need words of encouragement though. Everything happened so fast I haven't had time to think.
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2002, 07:10 PM

Welcome Brenda! So happy that you found us before your surgery. My surgery was on March 5th 2001...your date is my first hysterversary!

It's great that you are finding the books helpful...I was on this site daily before my surgery, and I know that my good outcome was due to the wonderful information and support I got here. Please hang out with us and we'll be here to help in any way we can. You are going to do GREAT!!!

Karen
Unread 03-03-2002, 09:49 PM

Hi Brenda, you are so lucky you found this site before your surgery! I didn't find it until a few days post and still I have learned so much from reading the posts. You are going to be one prepared and I'm sure you will look absolutely ravishing in your new nightshirt and crown! Just think about how much better your life will be when this is all over, that's what keeps me going. Lots of luck and
s,
- Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2002, 03:03 AM
Words of Encouragement

Hello Brenda,
My surgery was three weeks ago. It went very well, and I feel like a new person.
You will do fine. Make sure that if you have any questions or concerns, you doctor addresses them for you. The nursing staff at the hopital where I was at was wonderful and they made everything so comfortable for me.
I had to have my hyster because i had abnormal bleeding, firbroids and i was a very serious anemic. I feel like I have my life back. I cannot believe how much energy I have.
I didnt find this site until last week. I went on the internet looking for a site about hysters because I was feeling a bit down because I had to sit home and not do too much. Also, it seemed to take me longer to get myself together each day. After reading all of the different threads on this site and talking with different hyster sisters, I see that so many of the women on here have experienced the same thing and its so normal.
I love this site. Its the best site I have every stumbled upon.
All the best to you. It will be over before you know it, and you will feel wonderful.
All the Best.
Dee
Unread 03-04-2002, 04:26 AM

Helloooooooooo Brenda!

I found this site one week before my surgery. Actually, the day my surgery was scheduled...I was in shock and wanted to find more resources. I'm sooooooooooooooo glad I found this site!

You are lucky you have the crown, I think it would have been a kick to walk the halls of the military hospital I was in with a princess crown on my head! I was turning heads by walking tons anyhow.

You will do just fine!

Lots of good thoughts and prayers,

Sara
Unread 03-04-2002, 04:35 AM

You sound like you are prepared for action! I had severe bleeding and lots of pain for over a year......I felt so free 24 hours after surgery! You will do great and don't forget to let us know how things went on the post side!

Unread 03-04-2002, 11:03 AM

Brenda: I'm so happy you found this site. A dear friend who had a hyst about a year ago, gave me info. about Hystersisters when she found out I was considering a hysterectomy. Finding this site was a real blessing.

I know what you mean about encouragement. I had a TAH on Jan. 31 and really started to panic the last few days before my surgery. I had lists and lists of things to get done and was so anxious the night before, I probably didn't need the bowel prep, which was the worse part of the surgery experience for me. As so many others have said, the waiting is the worse part. My surgery went fine, the pain was manageable and my doctor and nurses were great!!

I am almost six weeks post-op and feeling pretty good, very grateful that I went ahead with the surgery. I had terrible fibroid tumors that caused some heavy duty pain and bleeding -- was anemic for so long, I don't know how I'm going to get used to not taking iron supplements.

My hopes and prayers are with you for a successful and uneventful surgery tomorrow and speedy, good recovery. When you get home, rest, rest and rest some more. Drink plenty of fluids, walk when you're able -- slowly. Don't hesitate to let people help you. You really need and deserve this time just for you, just to let your body heal itself.

Let us all know how you're doing once you get back home.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register