pre-op prep | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-03-2002, 08:26 PM
pre-op prep

I have just started my prep for surgery on March6, and the medicine is already making me very sick. I feel horrible anyway and this is making it worse.
My nerves are shot...all i want to do is cry! I have been sick for 8 years...I don't even know if I want to go through with this any longer!
Please, any words of support and prayer would be so appreciated.

Endo.,severe bleeding/cramps,cysts, and 3 prior surgeries in the past 4years!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2002, 09:26 PM
pre-op prep

Hi friend,
I am having my surgery here in Tennessee this month too. You said you have been sick for a long time. I know what you mean. I think this is going to be a good beginning for us and once we
get through our recoup time I really think we'll
feel so much better than we have for a lot of years. I'm not looking forward to this month but we end this month with Easter so I am really trying to see it as a new beginning. Take care and you'll be in my prayers, Kathy
Unread 03-03-2002, 09:49 PM
pre-op prep

thanks kathy! where in tn. are you?
i am in jackson...near memphis.

Deborah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2002, 10:40 PM
pre-op prep

s, Deborah!!

Surgery is scary. And it's hard to believe there's really a solution to a chronic problem, especially when other solutions have failed; you start to feel permanently cursed after a while.

Hang in there. You wouldn't have made this decision if you didn't have really good reasons. I'm so sorry the medicine is making you sick -- just hang in there for a few more days, and the worst will be over, and you'll be on the road to recovery. Like Kathy said, this will probably be a wonderful new beginning for you.

I'm so sorry you're having such a rough time. Time just drags when you're sick and miserable, doesn't it? But you'll get through it, and then the surgery will be here and over soon. Can you talk to your doc about ways to help you feel less sick on the medicine you're taking?

Best of luck, and more s!

Melissa
Unread 03-03-2002, 11:36 PM
pre-op prep

Having surgery March 11. What kind of medicine are you taking for your pre-op that is making you sick????
Thanks for info.
Unread 03-04-2002, 04:08 AM
pre-op prep

I had to take some medicine to clean out my bowels, that about made me sick. I'm sorry you are feeling icky girl...sounds like you need a

If you have been through so many operations and pain for so long, I'm sure you want to be done with it already.

Keep your chin up and email me anytime. I will listen. I had these same thoughts the night before when I was doing my bowel prep. It's normal.

Sara
Unread 03-04-2002, 07:39 AM
pre-op prep

Is it Phosphosoda that you had to take? Just the smell of that makes me throw up. I am begging my doctor for ANY other alternative. My surgery is March 11th. I'd rather feel the pain of a thousand bee stings than drink that nasty stuff again.

And to think the bottle says "Ginger Lime flavored for great taste" or some such nonsene. *HUGS*

Crystal
Unread 03-04-2002, 08:20 AM
meds...

Mary P...and...Riatha0672,

and others who feel sick as well!

I am taking Mag Citrate 10oz. and then 5oz. It burns going down, so I have tried mixing it with sprite...that helps some. The worst will be tomarrow with the enemas and suppositories..my bottom hurts already!

I am taking Phenergan and also Reglan.

I feel better today than last night, which was awful! DH is a great nurse, though, and stayed up with me until after 2am! He is holding up pretty good for me.

Thank you all for the support..these bits of encouragement and this web site will be my saving grace through this thing.

Thanks again..keep writing..it does me good to know you all are here!

Deborah
Unread 03-04-2002, 08:54 AM
pre-op prep

I am having surgury tomorrow. I do not need to take any medication - do most of you have to take the medication to clean out your bowels.

Also, woke up yesterday with irriated throat and sniffles. Called Dr. but said to go as schedule.

I am extremely nervous. Thoughts and prayers would be real nice (especially the prayers for tomorrow).

Joyce.

Complex hyperplasia with atypia
Unread 03-04-2002, 08:59 AM
pre-op prep

Joyce!

I was told to take the medicine to clean out my bowels as my surgeons didn't want any obstructions when they were doing the surgery. Good thing I did too, as the surgery was more complicated than they had thought and lasted longer than I had thought.

Sara

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register