pre-op prep - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-04-2002, 09:03 AM
pre-op prep

Sara:

Thank you for writing.

I wonder why I was not told to take that medication.

I am not going to worry about it as I have been a total basket case since Thanksgiving when my abnormal bleeding started.

I just worry about everything. Plus I am a larger type women and I worry about that also.

I cannot wait for tomorrow to be over and done with.

Joyce.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2002, 09:06 AM
pre-op meds.

Joyce,
I met with my Dr. this morning for pre-op talk and I do not have to take any pre-medications or anything for bowel cleansing either. I guess each dr. is different. I'm glad I don't have to.
Good luck with your surgery.
Mary
Unread 03-04-2002, 09:54 AM
Ewwww.. PhosphoSoda!

I had to drink this stuff for prep before Colonoscopy. Nasty. Was told to drink the entire bottle (cheated and only drank 1/2) But I was cleaned out enough for the procedure. They told me to mix it with sprite, so I did. The smell wasn't what got to me, it was the salty taste. I know they add that for a reason, but someone with hypertension shoud NOT drink that crud. Hope to avoid having to use it this go round when I have hyster done. They can give me just about anything else besides that phospho soda.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2002, 01:31 PM
pre-op prep

My doc just told me to use an enema the night before. I'd just as soon avoid Phosphosoda too -- had it before a colonoscopy, and Ick!!

I guess all docs' preferences are different.

Melissa
Unread 03-04-2002, 01:43 PM
pre-op prep

My surgery is the 6th also and I started taking MOM twice a day per DR orders to clean out bowels as well. He wants me to have diarrhea, he says it is easier to work with the bowel this way. His concern with working with the bowel is there might be scar tissue or adhesions in that area. I feel icky too! And I feel like crying and chickening out also. Argh! All these emotional feelings and physical yucks! And I am starting my period, which gives me diarrhea anyway! My DH has suggested I wear depends to the hospital! Hope your day(s) get better, let's chat after it is all over. Isn't this place great? Not that I want anyone to suffer but it is nice to know someone else is going through what you are going through. Still waiting ........Tracie
Unread 03-04-2002, 01:57 PM
Waiting

Tracie S,

Hello to my March 6th Hsyter-Sister! My surgery is then as well!

I will pray for you! Keep in touch, let me know how it goes.

waiting..tired..and glad to have this wonderful place to speak out!

HUGS.......

Deborah Dawn
Unread 03-04-2002, 01:59 PM
waiting

Tracie S

Hello to my March 6th Hyster-Sister! Hang in there, and keep me posted on how you are doing.

I am so glad to know you are there!

HUGS!

Deborah D
Unread 03-04-2002, 02:22 PM
pre-op prep

I had surgery on 1/21/02 and I did not have to take any kind of medicine before the surgery. Hang in there !!

You will feel alot better after you recover from the surgery. I had a TAH/BSO and I am 6 wks post today. The doc just put me on hormones today because I have been a little on the down side. I had felt so bad for so long, that I looked forward to the surgery !!

I am praying for all of you. Take care and it is worth it !! Just keep thinking no more bleeding !!!

Hugs, Teresa

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register