pre-op appointment | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

pre-op appointment pre-op appointment

Unread 03-03-2002, 09:56 PM
pre-op appointment

Thank you for not giving up on me! I'm new to this site, but I'm so glad I found it. I was searching the web to find out about hysterectomy.
My story begins last Sept 2001 when I was diagnosed with breast cancer Stage I Ductal Carcinoma. A surgeon performed a Lumpectomy to remove the tumor and then sent me to the Medical Oncologist for medication and a plan of treatment which consisted of 33 treatments of radiation. I was sent to a Radiation Oncologist for these treatments. The medication prescribed was
Tamoxifen for 5 years, but after 4 months it became too toxic for me to continue. In Jan 2002 my GYN scheduled an ultrasound which showed the Tamoxifen caused an increased in the size of
some fibroids he's been watching closely. He suggested a
hysterectomy because of the concern for uterine cancer and the surgery being performed within safe limits due to the size of the fibroid.
This week 3/4 I'm seeing my GYN for a pre-op appointment for a
TAH/BSO. I've printed the questions from hystersisters and I have more, of course, but at least I'm prepared for info, thanks to you.
I'm so glad that this website is available to women facing this surgery and for me, I don't have a choice.
After the surgery, my oncologist tells me that some new drugs are available for the treatment of breast cancer to post-menopausal women which are less toxic than Tamoxifen and plans to try them with me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2002, 10:23 PM
pre-op appointment

Hi Gigi,

I am also pretty new to this site and it sounds like we are definitely sisters in going through all of this. I too have breast cancer and am on Tamoxifen. So far it hasn't given me any trouble but I have only been on it two months. I all will be well with you. I am waiting for a phone call to tell me when my surgery will be. I posted my fears about cancer and I have had such encouragement from these dear ladies. I hope they find the right medication for you. Please keep us posted on what is happening with you. It was suggested to me to also go to the site called "Cancer Concerns".

's and ers for you.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register