With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
I been having some heavy bleeding with large clots and stomach pain since January where my period coming on twice a month and im changing pads and tampons every hour I was check for aniema and thyroid which was normal also endometrial biopsy was normal was told didn't need a D&C since I wasn't aniema and couldnt take birth control for blood pressure or I could try hormone therapy I had my tubes tired since 2010 what other options do I have since im done having kids and im tired of this bleeding so I made a appt to see a ob/gyn specialist for help is endometrial ablation or hysterectomy a right choice for me
I have similar symptoms and decided on the ablation, met with my GYN and discussed my options and symptoms, i had an u/s in January, endometrial biopsy in February, 3 months of BC pills, and decided to go with the hyster for possible adenomyosis, it's scheduled for July 24! Be your own advocate and i recommend a symptom diary! The ladies here are a wonderful support system, they gave me courage and confidence to get through the last 6 months! Best wishes to you!!
Thanks so much that was very helpful and I do keep a symptom dairy. my ob/gyn didn't really want to do anything since I wasnt aniema not a d/c he wanted to try birth control and hormone therapy but since I already had my tubes tired I really didn't see a need in that since im not having any more kids anyway I really think hysterectomy better choice for me
When is your appointment with the specialist? I hope you don't have to wait too long. Please let us know how it goes, but don't hesitate to seek a further medical opinion if you're not happy with the outcome of that meeting.
In the meantime, it may help to check out our Treatment Options Page if you've not already done so. A hysterectomy is a big decision, and major surgery, which should only be considered as a last resort after all other options have been exhausted.