Yuck | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-04-2002, 09:29 AM
Yuck

My doctor told me to use a Fleet enema at home the night before surgery. Oh my.......

Bev

Oops- this was supposed to be a reply to another post.....sorry to start it as a new thread and the delete function won't let me delete. Anyway, for those pre-op questions....the enema is all my doc said to do in preparation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2002, 11:57 AM
Double Yuck Yuck

I've been told to take a Fleet enema and a betadine douche the nite before. I've had one of those Fleets before and am not looking forward to the experience. Holding my nose while swallowing the whole thing is not an easy feat, but it's the only way I might be able to stand it.

Could someone explain the betadine douche. Is that orange and messy. Guess I should be glad they are letting me do all this at home in the privacy of my own bathroom. Won't be getting any that nite. Have to get up at 4am so I can be at hospital by 5:30. Surgery at 7:30. Glad it's early tho. Won't have as long to freak out, if ya know what I mean.

s to all the
Unread 03-04-2002, 12:28 PM
Yuck

Hi, Ladies,

You might want to check with your doctor again about the Fleet's enema. My doctor instructed me to use a Fleet's enema the night before my surgery. It came in a small squeeze bottle, and it wasn't intended to go in your mouth, if you get my drift.

Please check with your doctor, to get these important questions clarified.

Best wishes,
Helen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2002, 05:14 PM
Oh My Goodness!!

Thanks Helen,

I'm so glad you said something about that. I had the oral Fleets for a colonoscopy last year and I just assumed it was the same kind. Ha, I better wait and buy after I see the . The squeeze bottle one sounds a lot better and I won't have to hold my nose. Well maybe

Take Care!
Unread 03-04-2002, 05:36 PM
Yuck

I was thinking along the same line. An enema is for insertion through the rectum. The weren't bad for me at all. I was always finished with the process in 5 minutes or less. Just hang around the bathroom and you should be fine. Best of luck!
Unread 03-04-2002, 06:31 PM
Mine is not oral

I got the squeeze bottle to use :run3: I think perhaps the oral might have been more favorable
Unread 03-04-2002, 07:35 PM
Yuck

I don't know the name of what they gave me but I have to drink something that apparantly is very salty and hard to get down. Nurse said to drink in 4 ounces of juice instead of the 8 ounces of water the directions say. She said I would never get it all down if I drink it in the water. 4 hours after that I have to do a supposotory! Icky Icky Icky! Don't know how I am going to make it through the night!
Unread 03-05-2002, 12:12 PM
Yuck

Hang in there, bleujean. I go in 1 day ahead of you. I will be thinking of you between my long naps. We will be in misery together, lol.

BIG

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register