Any other March 11th LIW out there? | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any other March 11th LIW out there? Any other March 11th LIW out there?

Unread 03-04-2002, 09:32 AM
Any other March 11th LIW out there?

Hi~ My scheduled LAVH is only a week away and I'm getting really nervous. I was just wondering who else is having surgery on that date? And how are you feeling? I was doing really well up until now. Fortionately I have enough to do this week to keep majorly busy....... but I'm still finding time to freak out!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2002, 09:44 AM

Just keep in mind that those nerves are normal. Try to think of the positives of your surgery. I was a basket case too, and even though I worked up until the day before surgery, those feelings kept creeping up on me! You will do fine! The waiting is the worst part of the whole thing. Keep posting, we are here to support you!

Unread 03-04-2002, 09:50 AM

I go in on March 11th for a TAH. Already had my ovaries out, so I know a little of how it's going to be... doesn't make me any less scared.

I am so nervous, my tummy is a mess. And to make it even worse, I have to drink that nasty phosphosoda (I call it phosphothrowup) the night before surgery for bowel prep. That is honestly what I dread the most I think.

*hugs* and best wishes...

Crystal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2002, 12:44 PM

Gee~ Thanks for the support! It's good to know these feelings are normal!

Cyrstal~ Thanks for responding....I'm glad I'm not alone! I've had three laporscopies for endo in the last several years so surgery isn't entirely new to me either......but like you I'm still scared!! Sorry about the *phosphothrow up*, that sounds downright nasty :confuse:. I don't have to drink anything like that but I have to do an enema the night before which I'm NOT looking forward to either

((HUGS))
Unread 03-04-2002, 01:00 PM

Hi Shelli,
My surgery is March 11 also. TAH/BSO. I had my pre-op appt. this morning. I am just apprehensive right now - not scared. I feel like all my questions are answered and I will just have to see how I do. I am more worried about making the right hormone therapy decisions. I know that you can change types, but I want to start off right. I really trust my dr., so that helps with any nerves......but I am guessing that by the end of this week I will start to get really stressed out.
Mary
Unread 03-04-2002, 02:44 PM
March 11th surgery

My surgery is scheduled for March 11th at noon. I am getting a little nervous too. Right now I am coping with alone. Due to being laid off my husband is working a contract job out of town. My daughter is in law school but will be available next week because of spring break. My husband will be in this weekend. Right now I need a big hug. I am working a part time job now but will be unable to work it for a while. I was looking for a full time until all this surgery came up. I am having uterus and ovaries removed. Sorry to be on such a downer but just wanted to let you know there was someone else out there having 3/11 surgery
Unread 03-04-2002, 04:04 PM

Mary and Kabb~ It's nice to meet you Thanks for sharing and I wish both of you the best of luck and hope that we can all make thru the week with a minimal amount of stress and worry (yeah, right!!! )
Unread 03-05-2002, 04:39 AM

Kabb, so sorry that you are feeling alone right now; but you are not alone, you have us! Think of the positives of your upcoming surgery, make a list if you need to remind you how this is best for you. I hope that your dh calls you so you can touch base with him. I know the waiting is the worst! Chin up girl!!!!!!

Unread 03-05-2002, 04:57 AM

Hi fellow LIW,
I'm scheduled for the 11th also and the are getting to me. I don't have enough to keep me busy since I'm treated as a . My DH has been so sweet acting like a fool around the house trying to keep my mind off next Monday. It's only working for a few minutes at a time.

Monday really can't come soon enough I want it over with already.
Unread 03-05-2002, 08:23 AM
Hang in there - I'm nervous too!!

Hi Shelli,

I'm going in on Monday and I was fine until yesterday - I have a knot in my stomach but I know it's going to be alright. It's the waiting that's the hardest.

I was able to get a month's notice so I got right to work organizing and getting things in order.

I have my pre-op appt. tomorrow and also meeting with another that I haven't met - I think he's the one taking out my gall bladder - but I'm really not sure. I'm anxious about that...

Please take care and stay focused...I remember when I was pregnant with my twins and I was sooooo uncomfortable, someone said that it was "pain with a purpose" - I can now apply it in my life again and realize all this will be over soon!

TAH/BSO/Gall Bladder removal 3/11/02

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register