I'am in total pain and need advice | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'am in total pain and need advice I'am in total pain and need advice

Unread 03-04-2002, 10:35 AM
I'am in total pain and need advice

Hi girls,

I am 32 years old and having surgery March 21 for endometriosis. I will be haveing a TVH/BSO. For 4 months I have been on Lupron injections wich basically stops your ovaries from working. I didn't realize the importance at the time of taking my estrogen (Activella) so I didn't. After taking a Hyster. class last thursday I started to take my estrogen. I am now experiencing Sever Mood swings (rages, crying), Extreme tremors, mostly in my hands, twitching, plus the horrible pain and exhastion is constant. Does anyone have any advice or can anyone tell me if I should call my doctor, or is this normal? Any feedback would be great. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2002, 12:06 PM

big 's

I can't tell you what to do, as I am not going through what you are. I am on Lupron as well, but not on any suppliments for hormones. I just wanted to post and tell you to hang in there. I am sure another sister will be along to jump in and help you. Best wishes.
Unread 03-05-2002, 07:50 AM
Thanks Amy

I have actually recieved some great advice and am going to call my Dr. today. Hopefully he can help.

DebbieC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2002, 06:08 AM

Debbie,
I was on lupron a few years ago prior to an abdominal myomectomy. Immediately after my surgery, 1 week after my 4th injection, my dr. put me on estrogen. I remember feeling awful, light headed, having the chills, etc. At that time, I wasn't able to differentiate if it was a result of the surgery, a cold, the drugs, etc. I had a lot going on. I think it was a culmination of everything. At the same time, I think that placing the estrogen back into the system with such force causes the body to respond after being deprived of estrogen for a period of time. I hope you were able to get some answers from your physician.
Unread 03-06-2002, 08:17 AM
Talked with Dr.

Thanks Girls,

I did talk to my dr. yesterday and he told me to dicontinue the estrogen since my surgery was in two weeks. I was having all the worst side effects (of course, lol). I am hoping that I will feel much better in a day or two. Thanks again for your support!

Debbie

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register