Have The Date-emotionally Drained | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Have The Date-emotionally Drained Have The Date-emotionally Drained

Unread 03-04-2002, 04:30 PM
Have The Date-emotionally Drained

After calling 3 times on Friday, and waiting this morning for about 10 minutes on the phone, my TAH/BSO has been finally set for March 20. I feel like I'm on emotional overload. One part of me says, it'll be worth it, then the other part of me is in a COMPLETE PANIC. I'm in pain pretty much 24/7, but this fear just overcomes me. I've been getting all my questions together and answered as much as they can be, but I just sit and worry,worry and worry. I worry about the bowel problems that I read about on here, the hormone differences, and just generally anything that affects my digestion. I'm seeing a hypnotherapist for relaxation because I run on high anxiety and get panic attacks. I also have a ??? tumor inside my right ovary (1cm) so I'm scared about that or anything they might find bad. I know deep down I need to have faith in God and put it in his hands, (my doctor reminded me of that of all people). I just need someone to talk to that has been there with the same fears.
Thanks,
Brenda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2002, 04:40 PM

Dear Brenda (aka Gracie),
I'm glad to hear you got your date. I remember how relieved I was just to KNOW when the surgery would be. Of course, then you start the worrying again.

All I can do is offer hugs and sympathy because I was a nervous lady in waiting too. There are a lot of things to worry about, even if the probability of you having those problems is remote. It sounds like you know yourself pretty well and venting is one of the things that helps you. You have come to the right place! Vent away! We do understand!

Have you read any of the posts on the post op page yet? I started doing that shortly before my surgery because I wanted to know how things were going for ladies right after surgery. Just don't let their posts scare you more ... some people feel great right away, others do have some struggles with complications. But it can give you some perspective on when ladies start feeling better, etc.

Hang in there, Brenda. We're here for you, every step of the way.

Beth
Unread 03-04-2002, 05:18 PM

I fowlled the advice of my dr and got up and walked right away this helped alot with the gas you will be sore for awhile but the pain is not so bad if you lie around you will pay for it, same if you over do it there is a balance if you achive this balance you will be fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2002, 05:26 PM
Fears

Dear Brenda,

We all have fears -- as my Dr would say -- if you did not, he would be worried!

All in all your procedure is likely to be pretty straight forward. Please try not to worry too much -- you will be just fine.

:
Judith

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register