Should I let my daughter come to the hospital - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Should I let my daughter come to the hospital Should I let my daughter come to the hospital

Unread 03-05-2002, 11:20 AM
Should I let my daughter come to the hospital

Terrie, I know what you mean about having to pick her up when she was an overnite, my daughter used to say to my Mom when she was staying overnite " My mother wants me to come home now" I'd bring a little pillow and blanket if you decide to take her so she can nap in the waiting room if she needs to. Our waiting room had fruit, cookies, milk, coffee and all sorts of muffins and snacks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2002, 01:36 PM

I asked the same question about my 9 yr old son. After I checked with the pre-op nurse (I told her he was 11) we decided to let him come with us. He would have been a basket case if I had sent him to school. He came into the pre-op area with us. I gave him a kiss when they took me back. My DH brought him back to post op for a quick kiss and so he could see I was ok (of course I don't remember that part) and then he was taken to Grandmas house till later. He did fine & it made him feel better about the whole thing.
Tracy
Unread 03-05-2002, 02:22 PM
Re: Should I let my daughter come to the hospital

Quote:
Originally posted by missterri
My TVH/BSO is scheduled for 3-18. I have an 8 year old daughter who is very attached to me and is already starting to cry thinking about me going to the hospital. I have tried comforting and reassuring her but I am worried about when it comes time to leave. I have to be at the hospital by 6:00 am and I am worried that when she wakes up and finds me gone , she will not be able to go to school. I thought it would be better for her if she went to school and be around friends , but my husband was thinking about letting her come to the hospital and stay in the waiting room . I told him I was afraid that my appearance might scare her. She has never spent the night away from home , even though she has tried a couple of times , but We've had to pick her up because she gets so homesick.
Any suggestions from princesses who has been there?
I also want to say thanks to everyone . This site has been my lifesavor. I check it every day and get the much needed support I need.
s to all of you !!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2002, 02:27 PM

Yes, you should let your daughter come to the hospital. I have an 11 y/o and he is insistant that he be able to come along. Partly fear of "Momma are you going to die?" I think once they see us come out of recovery, they will be able to rest and go home in peace. I am also "awaiting" my day! I am 33 y/o going in for the total works. I am scared also. Dealing with the waiting is far more intense than the surgery, I am sure. Good luck. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register