Cross your fingers and say a prayer for me? please? - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Cross your fingers and say a prayer for me?  please? Cross your fingers and say a prayer for me? please?

Unread 03-05-2002, 06:36 AM
Cross your fingers and say a prayer for me? please?

This nasty little virus has been going around. I had it 3 weeks ago. The worse part lasts about a week. After that it gets better, but the cough lingers for awhile. I had wheezing, weakness, and eventuall diarrhea(I think from all the crud going down my throat into my stomach). Plus you may get a pretty high temp with it along with alternating chills and burning up. Like I said, a nasty little virus.
I hope you get well soon. Plenty of rest, fluids and the cough medicine are about all that works.
You may want to put the surgery off, because the cough lingers for quite awhile.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2002, 09:40 AM

Thanks everyone for your prayers and tips. Will try the bay leaves. I just can't put the surgery off, I have it scheduled around our spring break so that I don't miss as much work. As far as staying away from sick people, well, that is a total loss. I do the attendance for the 11th grade at our high school and I am always signing in or out sick kids. And they use my phone all day! I left a message with my Dr.'s assistant. Also had the school nurse take a listen to my chest. She didn't hear anything but said she thinks the cough sounds like bronchitus. The Dr last week said I don't have bronchitus soooooooooo... I will wait until tomorrow to hear bach from the assistant and take it from there. Keep the prayers coming!
Unread 03-06-2002, 04:16 AM

You may not have had bronchitis last week, but now it could have progressed to that. Hope the news is good from the doc's office!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2002, 09:33 AM

School nurse listened to my chest and didn't hear anything. The Doc's assitant called and told me that if I didn't feel better to see my GP this week. So far it is the same: a lot of blowing my nose and coughing. A little tightness in chest but that isn't new either. She also said if I still have the cough to call Monday and they would see me. The wierd part is I really don't feel sick. Just blowing my nose and coughing. But I do wake up feeling hung over from the cough medicine! Yucky feeling. Keep the prayers coming gals!
Unread 03-06-2002, 02:12 PM

Went back to the Dr. There is a rattle and wheeze in my chest so I am now on zythromax. It is a 5 day antibiotic and I have used it before. It works great so I think all will be well! Yea!
I was also told to use my inhaler from the last time I had bronchitis so that will help to
Thanks Everyone for your prayers! I feel things will be fine and surgery should go as planned.
Unread 03-06-2002, 02:25 PM
Cross your fingers....

I found this really great stuff called ZICAM. It has zinc in it and as we all have heard recently colds hate zinc. It is in a gel form and can be found by the nasal sprays for colds etc. It can cut your cold time in half. I found it at the local Walmart, it comes packaged for either colds or allergies. Also, two weeks before my surgery I upped my dosage of Vitamin C because I teach in a 2yr old class at my church and we all know those are not children but toxic waste baskets with arms and legs (I really love children though)

Here's to a healthy recovery pre-op

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register